Left early sponsor employer after GC

bamako

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I will be applying for citizenship in July. After 3 months of getting my GC I took a second job while at first one, but I moved out from original state to new state where the second job was. After 6 months of GC, I quit the first job, I am still working at the second. Do you know if I am going to get any problem for leaving my employer after GC?

Best Regards.

bamako said:
Hello,

I will be applying for citizenship in July. After 3 months of getting my GC I took a second job while at first one, but I moved out from original state to new state where the second job was. After 6 months of GC, I quit the first job, I am still working at the second. Do you know if I am going to get any problem for leaving my employer after GC?

Best Regards.

The day you get your greencard you can work for anyone, anytime, anywhere...as long as it abides by the laws and regulations of USA. Having GC grants you the power to choose your potential employer. I very much doubt any interviewing officer will ask you that question knowing fully it is allowed by the law! If (s)he asks, be honest and tell him(her) why you changed the job. :) ;)

Don't be afraid when you have n't done anything wrong!

Last edited by a moderator: