Left AOS interview with no decision

ashandiz

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

my wife and I had our interview this morning and everything appeared to go fine. The IO asked a lot of basic information questions which we answered. At the end of it she said there was no decision and that her supervisor would be making the decision (she used a phrase like "100% review" or something like that a few times) and that she could not give us the I-551 stamp. She handwrote something in my wife's passport with her A number and something about "pending." Seemed weird... Anybody else experience anything like this with a positive outcome? To make matters worse we have a family wedding to attend in London in 2 weeks and didn't apply for AP. She is an UK citizen, is there anyway to travel while it is still pending without AP?

Thanks in advance

A.

This is normal, it is common for the interviewer not to have decisional authority and for the result to be mailed within a few weeks.

You screwed up by not applying for AP; it's free, and you could have done it with the I-485 for at any later time. There is a way to travel; just leave, nobody is stopping her, but in your situation there is no way to travel without jeopardizing her green card right when she's about to get it. There is no way you can get AP in less than two weeks. IF the green card is approved before she departs, then she should be okay; not having the physical card can cause hassle at the border but she would be a permanent resident and it would be fine.

However, it may well not be decided within two weeks, in which case leaving the country would abandon the application. Since she has already been interviewed she might be able to get away with it but surely immigration would notice that her departure date was before her PR date, why risk it?

So let the family know you may not be making that wedding.

Please, search older posts. Such posts (even with the similar name as yours) appears every other week. You'll find lots of responses there...

Hi everyone,

my wife and I had our interview this morning and everything appeared to go fine. The IO asked a lot of basic information questions which we answered. At the end of it she said there was no decision and that her supervisor would be making the decision (she used a phrase like "100% review" or something like that a few times) and that she could not give us the I-551 stamp. She handwrote something in my wife's passport with her A number and something about "pending." Seemed weird... Anybody else experience anything like this with a positive outcome? To make matters worse we have a family wedding to attend in London in 2 weeks and didn't apply for AP. She is an UK citizen, is there anyway to travel while it is still pending without AP?

Thanks in advance

A.

I had al interview two weeks ago , and IO said she want to reivew my case and two days later i got my welcom letter , and got approved .