leaving USA with a expired I-94 & Visitor extension receipt

localmadras

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Is there anything special i need to do, if i leave USA with a expired-I94 ?

Basically i handover the I-94 at the Port of Departure , and just catch a flight right ?

Note: Have a valid Visitor visa extension receipt & a 10Year Mulitiple entry visa

appreicate your reply.

Originally posted by localmadras
Hello,

Is there anything special i need to do, if i leave USA with a expired-I94 ?

Basically i handover the I-94 at the Port of Departure , and just catch a flight right ?

Note: Have a valid Visitor visa extension receipt & a 10Year Mulitiple entry visa

appreicate your reply.

You must undergo the US-VISIT departure verification procedure.

Re: Re: leaving USA with a expired I-94 & Visitor extension receipt

what is US-Visit departure verification,
how & when should i verify my departure to whom ??

please reply urgent, as iam travelling this saturday.

Originally posted by nkm-oct23
You must undergo the US-VISIT departure verification procedure.

Re: Re: Re: leaving USA with a expired I-94 & Visitor extension receipt

Originally posted by localmadras
what is US-Visit departure verification,
how & when should i verify my departure to whom ??

please reply urgent, as iam travelling this saturday.

Check this website. Also contact the airline personnel at check-in for help, they can direct you to the appropriate location.
Howevre I am not sure if the exit system is implemented at all airports yet.

http://www.dhs.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Pamphlet_BW_Web.pdf

Re: Re: Re: Re: leaving USA with a expired I-94 & Visitor extension receipt

nkm,
thanks for your immediate reply.

I read the documentation, it is still confusing

I understand scanning the document @ a self-service workstation, now where do i hand-over the expired-I94, will there be a CIS authority at the departure gate ? Usually we handover the I-94 to the airline-staff, has this changed ?

Iam flying from Dallas -> houston->paris->INdia, iam planning to handover the I-94 at Houson airport , hopefully this procedure hasn't changed yet ?or is it ?

Upon Departure...
The most notable change for international visitors will be new exit procedures. As part of US-VISIT,most visitors who require a visa will eventually need to verify their departure. The US-VISIT system is being designed to make this check out process easy by planning the placement of automated self-service workstations in the international departure areas of airports and seaports. By scanning travel documents and capturing fingerprints on the same inkless device, the system is intended to validate the visitor’s identity, verify their departure, and confirm their compliance with U.S. immigration policy. Compliance with these new security procedures is critical because the exit information will also be added to the individual’s travel record to protect their status for future visits to the United States. Upon completion of testing and evaluation, the law requires that US-VISIT capability be implemented at airports and seaports by December 31,2003.

thanks everyone. Knowledge is power(big time) when it comes to us-immigration. Thanks for enlightening me on this.

nkm-oct23 said:
Usually the airline personnel will take the I-94. For other procedures contact them @checkin.

Are you intending to come back???...you will have a shit storm of problems if you intend to return....consult a lawyer...good luck

i wouldn't be so arrogrant as to think that i had all the answers...
try being alittle humble and just answer the question put to you..no need to be a jerk! :rolleyes:

if it was posted long ago..why are you making a comment?
if you disagree..let it go..don't even bother to read...move on..
i guess you have alot of spare time!!!!!!!
and what ever lovely comment that comes out from your mouth..right back at ya!!!!!!!!