Leaving US after Extentsion in time but the Airlines Delay in departure. Jan-05

vkartick

Registered Users (C)
Dear members,

This is a funny situation that happened to my mother this Jan-05.

She had got her extension in 14 days Flat from the date of applying which was amazing .

She had a I-94 valid auntil Jan'9th.Fortunately she was confirmed on the flight for Jan 9th at 11 PM.She was issued a boarding pass and then was told that flight is delayed for departure by 2 hours which means the flight departs on Jan10th. Does this mean that she would be out of status due to no fault of hers.IT was airlines inability to fly in time. ???

Please feel free to share your opinion on this situation.

Kartick

Since your mother got the boarding pass on 9th and her I94 must have been taken at that time only so she is not out of status.
Keep a copy of ticket and borading pass which is for 9th. Next time when she come back she can show this as proof as date of return.

Check in Time correct jan-9th but the I-94 was taken just prior to departure

She checked in and was issued aboarding pass Jan 9th for the flight on that day at 11 PM. she was told that prior to boarding the Flt. her I-94 would be taken . So her I-94 was taken around 00:30 AM.Now what do u think INS would infer from this situation when the next time she enter's US.
They have a probability to say she left the country late ??

Any views
Kartick

You should have no problem Kartick. Have as much documentation of the travel , such as initially scheduled date on ticket itenerary , etc and have it your parent when he/she comes back.