Leaving the us 31 days after visa J1 expiration

jcourreg

Hello.

My visa J-1 ends the 10th of may. I would like to leave the 10th of june. That makes 31 days after my visas's expiration date. I know I have 30 days. As I may come back here in the future, I don't want to be in an illegal situation...

Is it possible to extend the grace period for 1 day? If yes, how should I proceed?

Thanks a lot for your answers and have a good day.

At the end of J1 Visa program he or she may reamin in Unites States for 30 days. ( grace period ).As with other non-immigrant visas, a J-1 visa holder and his or her dependents are required to leave the United States at the end of the duration of stay.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Hello.

My visa J-1 ends the 10th of may. I would like to leave the 10th of june. That makes 31 days after my visas's expiration date. I know I have 30 days. As I may come back here in the future, I don't want to be in an illegal situation...

Is it possible to extend the grace period for 1 day? If yes, how should I proceed?

Thanks a lot for your answers and have a good day.