Leaving job in between Interview and Oath

ReturnHome

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if there are any concerns of leaving job or being laid off between Interview and Oath? I mean leave the job completely and not change in job. Do we need to report this at the time of Oath? We are planning to consider this option only if there are no issues with it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Does anyone know if there are any concerns of leaving job or being laid off between Interview and Oath? I mean leave the job completely and not change in job. Do we need to report this at the time of Oath? We are planning to consider this option only if there are no issues with it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If you tell them or not, it should not make any difference. If I was you, I would NOT report that. Let's see what experienced ppl here has to say about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving job in between Interview and Oath

employment by itself is not a requirement for naturalization, the cannot deny you for being unemployed. if they ask you if you had employment changes or give you a form that requires you to report - then do, if not then don't volunteer this information.

Does anyone know if there are any concerns of leaving job or being laid off between Interview and Oath?

No job related questions are asked when you receive the oath letter(you have to answer about 7-10 questions asked behind the oath letter). So it is a moot point.