Leave with NP, come back with RTD

Lisska

Registered Users (C)
Did anybody leave the country with the NP, and came back with the RTD? Is it ok to do that? I am not going back to the COP, I want to go on vacation. I don't have my GC yet.

I am in the same situation, It is confusing because, being a Mexican Citizen ( I am not required for a visa in Europe) but using the RTD only to enter those countires it seems like they do require it, what do we do? do we use NPto enter those countries and RTd just to come Back????

Please Help I want to travel in July,, I have RTD and NP.

I am in the same situation, It is confusing because, being a Mexican Citizen ( I am not required for a visa in Europe) but using the RTD only to enter those countires it seems like they do require it, what do we do? do we use NPto enter those countries and RTd just to come Back????

Please Help I want to travel in July,, I have RTD and NP.

Look. You applied for asylum & your GC is pending right? That means you cannot use your NP. Thats how it is and you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Put a visa on the RTD & travel with ONLY rtd if you are an asylee. Do you really really want to get in trouble? Imagine they do find a NP + RTD with you when you enter, what will be your explanation? That since Europe didnt require a visa for Mexican citizen, you used that? You should be worried about your new country the United States rather than what gets you in Europe...

If you are an ASYLEE, you shouldn't carry NP + RTD...unless you are inviting trouble. If you are a GC holder it is ok to have a NP..

Don't invite troubles for yourself. When you applied for asylum, you did choose to give up some benefits of a NP..So now you have to until you become a Legal Permanent Resident...then you may use your NP..

I understand and totally respect that I have no problems traveling with my RTD only. I haven't applied for the GC yet until Dec this year. So I guess I will just apply for a Visa Schengen. I tried to contact the Spanish Embassy but they are useless no one answers the phone. I wrote them an email so I will post they're answer FYI :)

My Question was more about traveling with the RTD (that specifies country of origin Mexico) and if they actually respect that when you get into a EU country. oh well you know how confusing it is. is better to ask.

Thanks.

There are 2 reasons why I am asking.
1. My friend traveled with NP and came back with RTD.
2. A woman from a congressman's office who is trying to help me to expedite the RTD said that she thinks I can schedule an appointment with the local USCIS office and ask them to stamp my passport to show that I have I-485 and I-131 pending so I can travel.
Any thoughts?

NO you can get in trouble. How on earth you expect to come back? With stamp? My advice: wait for your RTD.

Unreal

Honestly, this issue has no point of origin for a discussion.
How come you will entry a country and leave it with NP and when returning to US you expected an IO NOT to ask you WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?? No stamps after arriving from an International flight, this will inmediatey alert IO that something wrong is around.
And using NP as an asylee......you are a dead man.

i believe, this is one of those questions which does not have a definite answer just like the one about traveling to COP.

i guess it all depends on IO you get across when you try to reenter.

i traveled to Dubai in 2005, i had RTD, but OAE does not issue visas on RTD, so used my passport to get a visa. I showed RTD to airline clerk when i was leaving US, presented NP to enter UAE, and then again used RTD to reenter via JFK.

My RTD was blank, by blank i mean there was not a single stamp or visa.
No question asked, IO stamped RTD and that was it.

many of you will probably say i was lucky, but i had no choice. An asylee has a privilage to obtain and travel with RTD, but is very limited since not many countries recognise it.

Since i got a green card now, i am certain i will be traveling with my NP and GC. Besides cost for RTD will go up to $305!

I would like to hear if there is anybody who had a problem at POE because of using RTD and NP on the same trip?

Just came back from Brazil today. POE Miami: used NP to enter Brazil and GC and Re-entry Permit to come back. ZERO problems.

just came back from a third country today. Used NP to enter and RTD to reenter USA. No stamp on RTD. The only questions asked were: did u travel to COP? What are the first 3 digits of ur SSN and show me your DL

Did anybody leave the country with the NP, and came back with the RTD? Is it ok to do that? I am not going back to the COP, I want to go on vacation. I don't have my GC yet.

dear lisska:

last year i went to kuwait, i left SFO with NP, and when i came back i used
RP, THERE WAS NO PROBLEM, the officer at SFO stamped my RP and let me go

Do or don't they know?

just came back from a third country today. Used NP to enter and RTD to reenter USA. No stamp on RTD. The only questions asked were: did u travel to COP? What are the first 3 digits of ur SSN and show me your DL

It is interesting, nobody seems to mention about a green form that you have to fill out prior to arrival at any US airport. It looks like it has something to do with product/foods/commodity you bring in to this country, but I remember there is a line where you have to write down what countries you have visited. The IO at the airport, based on my experience, rely on what you said on that form although they may ask you where else did you go. What I wonder is, don't they already know what country (ies) you have visited, since each incoming airline must send US authority, listing of passengers, I assumed also their itinerary and their citizenship status. I suspected, the IO asked you that question to test your honesty, or perhaps they really have no idea where or what countries you have been visited. Does any one know about this?

green form

It is interesting, nobody seems to mention about a green form that you have to fill out prior to arrival at any US airport. It looks like it has something to do with product/foods/commodity you bring in to this country, but I remember there is a line where you have to write down what countries you have visited. The IO at the airport, based on my experience, rely on what you said on that form although they may ask you where else did you go. What I wonder is, don't they already know what country (ies) you have visited, since each incoming airline must send US authority, listing of passengers, I assumed also their itinerary and their citizenship status. I suspected, the IO asked you that question to test your honesty, or perhaps they really have no idea where or what countries you have been visited. Does any one know about this?

the green form that you fill out is the visa waiver is like the i-94, for the 27 countries who belong to this program

You mean the blue customs form. Well my opinion is that why do things that will make you uneasy? If you want to visit your COP and in your mind you think its ok and you feel that even though you did visit your COP, your asylum claim has always been genuine..you should not worry.

You mean the blue customs form. Well my opinion is that why do things that will make you uneasy? If you want to visit your COP and in your mind you think its ok and you feel that even though you did visit your COP, your asylum claim has always been genuine..you should not worry.

First of all I agree that anyone shouldn't do or try to do things that will jeopardize their status ( unless you are planning to abandon your asylee or PR status).
I am not sure what color that form is, it has been using by the Custom officer but regardless. What I meant was ( to answer either using NP going out or RTD coming back) that regardless what document you are using, RTD ( for asylee & GC holder))or Passport ( for GC holder only) to enter this country, they ( IO) knew what countries you have visited, even before your flight landed in US Teritory. That is why eventhough you gave them a blank RTD ( no visa, or stamps) as long as you didn't travel to any forbidden countries, you will not be scrutinized unless otherwise.

First of all I agree that anyone shouldn't do or try to do things that will jeopardize their status ( unless you are planning to abandon your asylee or PR status).
I am not sure what color that form is, it has been using by the Custom officer but regardless. What I meant was ( to answer either using NP going out or RTD coming back) that regardless what document you are using, RTD ( for asylee & GC holder))or Passport ( for GC holder only) to enter this country, they ( IO) knew what countries you have visited, even before your flight landed in US Teritory. That is why eventhough you gave them a blank RTD ( no visa, or stamps) as long as you didn't travel to any forbidden countries, you will not be scrutinized unless otherwise.

I am sure they know what country you boarded from obviously but if you are telling me that I land in Germany & go all over scheghen..that they have a way to know that..then they are probably smarter than I think or that they have a bug inserted up my ass...

I think it depends on the IO at POE because i recall my mother went to london in 2005 and she had not GC then but she went with RTD and NP though the london visa was on her RTD and she had no issues when she arrived JFK ..