Leave of absense question...?

Oj5

Registered Users (C)
Folks

have a ND of Nov 2001 (WAC-02-041) and went to school full time with a leave of absense. I was expecting the approval by Dec 2002 but I now need to extend this LOA, what if my employer decides not to extend.

1. Can I look for another employer and get an LOA from him

2. The lawyer i am using is unfortunately my last company's ? How can I change jobs without loosing all my paperwork with
my old lawyer?

advise greatly appreciated

looks like u were laid of from ur old job, and u are trying to hang in(sabatical)..... u mite have to find something new,cause if u get an RFE, ur in deep shit buddy......
cause they will want to see ur pay stubs, latest ones

cheers

not laid off....

Actually I chose to take a LOA as I got admitted to a top 5
business school and I did not want to defer. When I made the decision, CSC was rocking and I expected the apporval in a few months.

So anyway if I do get an RFE, does a LOA not count?

Hi Oj5

Hi

Did you get your answer....I am in a similar situation:

I am planning to take leave of absence (LOA) for next 6 mths by my employer during my final stages of my GC. During this time i plan to be in india with my parents for personal reasons...

Is this legal..Do INS accept LOA and for how long ??..any ideas...

Thanks

Rahul

Most probably ,if you are able to give an EVL stating why you are on LOA you should be ok. GC is for future employment, if you are able to show intent , it should work.However if you get an RFE and able to show atleast the last one months salary it maybe better.

But I suggest you check with a lawyer.

LOA

Thanks for your reply...

I dont think I will be able to get any pay stubs during my LOA. If there is any REF cant my company send them a letter that I am on LOA for personal reasons.... EVL is not a problem with my company as they are willing to support me in any manner when I am on LOA...

Thanks

Rahul

Rahul,

This should be most likley be fine. There is a good chance that you may get an interview call to prove the intent.

The other option is, to have a backup company ready to offer you a job in a similar position, or atleast be ready to give you a offer letter and then use AC21 that way you need not show Paystubs.