Leave of absense (LOA)

Rahul_need_help

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I need a little clarity on the Leave of absense issue or LOA:-

I have am getting layed off from my employer this month...but he is willing to help me in any way as long as there is no expense for him.. I guess this is the only benefit of a desi employer.... I am in the final stages of my GC and dont want to screw things at this stage. My options are either I work on EAD/H1 with another co. or I have plan to go to India for 6 mths for personal reasons......

Incase of India option...I am planning to take leave of absence (LOA) for next 6 mths by my employer. He will give me a LOA letter stating that I am reqd in India for some personal emergencies...During this time i plan to be in india with my parents for personal reasons...My Qs are:

1. Is this legal..Do INS accept LOA
2. For how long LOA is valid for or is accepted..?..any ideas. Is 6 mths OK or 2 long...
3. If there is any RFE during this stage either it will be EVL (employment verification letter) or Paystubs.. For EVL my employer will give me a letter but what about Pay stubs.. Can they send details to INS that I am on LOA
4. Are there any complications to this matter which I am not aware of...

Your advice or suggestion would be highly appreciated guys. If anyone has gone thru this in his 485 process I will be very very thankful for the inputs....:)

Rahul
WAC-02-077
485 RD:- Dec 2001
CSC screwed !!

Yesterday in Sheela Murthy's Chat some put similar question. Answer was some thing near No. She says how can you show the continued offer. Moreover BCIS may ask for six months pay stubs.
Check with good attorney. Check for CP option if have not applied for I-485