Least timeline for citizenship

muddin1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
Please help me. I am planning to apply for U.S. citizenship,
but I know that in Altanta, it takes from one and half years
to two years for processing. I would like to know which state
has least immigrants or in which states it takes least time for processing. Please let me know if you are aware of it.And does
it make any different to be applying under a INS district office
and INS sub office? For example, if someone lives in GA, he or
she is supposed to apply under Atlanta district office, but if
he or she lives in South Carolina, and apply for citizenship in Charleston, SC, that is under Atlanta district,would it take
them the same time for processing? Thanks for you help.

No Title

who told you that it takes 2+ years in atlanta infact if your case is very clear you should get within 1 year I know many guys who got their citizenship from atlanta within 1 year. for 2002 they have allocated 6 more officers to finish off pending cases from pre 1999 so you should see faster processing being done from GA

Atlanta timeline

Dear rbhatt123,
If you have any confusion, please go to : Zeemboomba "Atlanta Timeline" 9/12/01 3:47pm
and read all the messages posted by different persons who have bitter experince on process delaying.

Information was given by ATL INS customer service

Dear rbhatt123
It was not my personal opinion but the information I was given by ATL INS customer service on last Friday, January 11th, 2002. For sure, you can call them and ask them. Or if you call INS auto info at ATL, you will hear that no info is available for the applicants who applied after 1999. I asked at least 20 of my friends at Kennesaw State University, who have not got their citizenship although it has been about 2 years. Some of my friends had to do fingerprints 3/4 times due to the unknown reasons. FYI... those who got their citizenship within a year in Atlanta are certainly lucky and exceptional. Did you ask those "GUYS" when they had really applied ? I heard several times that in Atlanta someone can get citizenship within 6 months, but in reality, it is completely a tittle-tattle. Thanks for the quick response.

No Title

most of those guys out there have some kind of problem which they are not discussing. I have a friend who had applied in july 99 had his fingerprints done and then nothing happenned but he forgot to mention that he was deported 8-years ago due to which his processing was delayed there are lots more cases who have no access to this discussion board and have got their processing done within 1 year from atlanta. In some cases it is possible that processing might have been delayed but overall from atlanta it taked approx 1 year for citizenship process.

No Title

If you don\'t believe INS Customer Service, why don\'t you call them or meet them and record the conversation so you will have proof for future reference. What do you mean by " no info is available", that only means that they haven\'t entered anything into their computer?"
No info available means they have not started processing it yet. No application in INS is processed manually. All processing events are stored in to INS database. U.S.A. is not a third world country that its one of the most important departments( INS) will perform its jobs only manually, without storing the info in to its database. Do you know that INS can tell you exactly what time and how many times you came to the country? You should not be skeptical. I was just posting some info that I was given by INS. Believing it or not is completely up to you.

No Title

You seem to be very knowledgeable about the whole works. I guess with a good credit history not only would your process be faster but in the end you would also get a creditcard from the FBI.

No Title

I do agree with you. INS even won\'t give you an reference number if you call it at its so-called national customer service. Therefore, there is no proof that you called them. Its\' service is really sucked.
The way they behave, it looks like we are bothering them badly. For example, I went to INS office at Atlanta. After waiting for about an hour, ultimately, that lady called me and said to me " What do you want?" while a customer service representative is supposed to say " How may I help you?" "What do you want?" certainly indicates what kind of service INS is providing. Unfortunately, we all have to be through it.

Confusion

Some people like INS are saying it takes about 2 years in Atlanta.Some are saying one year. I am just confused on which one is correct. Even INS itself won\'t give you right information. One of my relatives who is very old got her citizenship within 6 months in Atlanta. I don\'t know why and how,but it is true. It is probably because she is old and she did not involve in any crime.

No Title

Good credit does not mean being eligible for credit cards. If you have a bankruptcy or become default on student loans, don\'t you think it\'s bad credit and a felony? Do you know the definition of "good credit?". I think you only know "good credit" means being qualified for a credit card. Be more materialized.

Muddin1

Bad credit is not a crime and is definitely not a felony. In the same website goto the heading "citizens", where you will find what is required from a permanent resident to qualify for citizenship.
I think you are mistaking good moral background to good credit history.
And before you go tangent again, this website also gave a few definitions of what a good moral background is.

Check that!!!!

Need help on N-400 application, immediately please

Hello Friends,
I have a question on Part 10. D, question no. 16 "Have you even been arrested, cited, or detained....?
I had a speeding ticket for which I had to pay a fine. Should I include this and give details about why I was cited, where I was cited, etc.
Thanks,
Arun.

No Title

unless you killed someone by your speeding or destroyed some property!!

relax dude, if they start rejecting applications becos of speeding tickets and non yielding, then god knows how many citizenships will be taken away from naturalized as well as natural born citizens!!!

:)