LC substitution help - urgent

freshgc

My company has an approved labor and i was told that i could use that as a substitute for my process and file for I140 and I485. But the problem is that the job description and the title in the approved LC is bit different than mine.My employer is agreed to make necessary changes in my job title and the description to match the approved LC if it is necessary. My question here is that is it possible to use that LC as a substitution ? If it is usable, then what are the documents i have to provide?
Thank you so much

Originally posted by freshgc
My company has an approved labor and i was told that i could use that as a substitute for my process and file for I140 and I485. But the problem is that the job description and the title in the approved LC is bit different than mine.My employer is agreed to make necessary changes in my job title and the description to match the approved LC if it is necessary. My question here is that is it possible to use that LC as a substitution ? If it is usable, then what are the documents i have to provide?
Thank you so much

As GC is for future employment, I don't think you need to change your currnt job title and description. But you have to make sure that you had all the required qualifications mentioned in the Labor when it was filed.

Lets say if the Labor was filed in 2001 June and it states that this position requires Masters or B.S with 5 years of experience, then you should have either of them by 2001 June.

Same with job duties in your experience, kind of education qualifications etc.

And to find required docs for I-140 and I-485 I would say you better post in respective threads. But as far as I know,

1. All your H1 Notices copies.
2. You need to go through medical examinations
3. All your I-94 copies
4. Copies of all pages from your passport.
5. Your birth certificate
6. Your education evaluation
7. Exeperience certificates copies

thats all I can think of, you should more info in 140/485 threads or from your lawyer.

good luck,

Thanks a bunch for the information rk4gc. How would the INS will verify my experience and job duties at the time of filing the labor ? I guess my question is what r the required documents to prove my education and qualifications that matches the approved LC ?

Thanks

Re: Re: LC substitution help - urgent

Originally posted by rk4gc
Lets say if the Labor was filed in 2001 June and it states that this position requires Masters or B.S with 5 years of experience, then you should have either of them by 2001 June.
[/B]

Not quite so. You have to had these qualifications (Masters, 5 years expr, etc), before you joined the company. Can't use any education/experience while hired by your company.

Hexamon is right I forgot about that clause. I agree with what he said about experience but I dont know if its true for even education.

You need to evaluate your educational qualifications. There is a thread in i-140 forum about best educational evaluator may be you can do it your self or your lawyer can take care about it.

And again 140 forum is the best for you. You should get all the information over there.

see this about education evaluation

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96184

Thanks

Thanks for the valuable information folks. I think the LC is for the future employment the job duties can be different( if other qualification and the experience matches) and the employer can give justification.

Do you guys suggest any good attorneys to handle this kind of case ? and incase INS deny my I140 i can still go through the normal process(RIR) right ?

Thanks a bunch guru's out there