LC halt due to string of Layoffs

No Title

Singhsoorma,

I understand that you work for Lucent.I work for Lucent too.I called up DOL during the second week of April and I was told that DOL will start looking at Lucent\'s cases soon.Attorney in Chicago said that they have been hearing the same from DOL for past two months but nothing is moving so far.

No Title

Are you with the Sprint Company in Kansas? If so please let us know when you have filed the LC with SESA.

Thanks,
Ravi

update from DOL chicago

anyone received NOF\'s from DOL chicago.I called up and the response was that NOF\'s have been isued to the attorney

Motorola/Nortel\'s cases???

Does anybody know whether Nortel or Motorola\'s cases are on hold?Lucent\'s cases are still on hold.

Recently Case is transfered to Regional office, Now company had layoff, whats netx

My case is transferred to regional office under RIR. Now my company had layoff. What will happen next.
If Regional office start reviewing case after 6 months then is it ok. Do they check layoff for last six months from the date when they start reviewing the case?

No Title

SinghSoorma,

Why dont you ask your attorney?I think you should put more pressure on your attorney to talk to the DOL and give you an update rather than depending on this chat forum to know what your fate is.

Only your attorney can help you out.No one in this chat forum can .

rkn2 thanks

rkn2 thanks I know all the things you are telling me. you also don\'t waste time on this form and do your work your employer hired you to do.

It is not that bad, actually.

I know one Lucent LC application was certified in Feburary this year in MA. It really depends on the work location and the position, not just the company name.

RE:MA Processing time

Vijay durgam:

Immigration.com site says MA SESA is processing RIR cases for 9/10/2002 but DOL web site says JUly/2002, which one is authentic ,Kindly let me know.

BUMP.

Please keep this thread current. I am interested to know how many of applications in this thread are approved even if having lay off. This way I can predict if my current case can finally get appoved.

Hi,

Does it matter which year the Labor was applied in? in the sense that if labor is applied in 2004 and there werent too many lay off's during 2003 or in 2004 are there better chances of labor approval or does it depend upon the trend in the last few years? Also does it matter which state the labor was applied in, and the number of layoff's in that region or is it the company as a whole. I work for Lucent technology and the HR has claimed that there have been no labor rejections in the last 6 yrs, just wondering if its just a hiring tactic.

thanks

Hi,

Does it matter which year the Labor was applied in? in the sense that if labor is applied in 2004 and there werent too many lay off's during 2003 or in 2004 are there better chances of labor approval or does it depend upon the trend in the last few years? Also does it matter which state the labor was applied in, and the number of layoff's in that region or is it the company as a whole. I work for Lucent technology and the HR has claimed that there have been no labor rejections in the last 6 yrs, just wondering if its just a hiring tactic.

thanks