LC Approved of Comapny A- working for B

naudurivsm

Registered Users (C)
HI All,

Thanks in advance to all those who reply and read this post.

I have learnt yesterday via notification from BEC Dallas. TX, that my LC is approved / CERTIFIED ( PD 08/09/2004 ) from Chicago
45 days letter received on Jun 8th 2006 and sent immediately.
approval on 1st Aug 2006. as the date of the notice indicated.

this LC was filed by company A

Now I am actually working for company B.

so what are my options now? Can company B file I-140 based on this approved labor if company A agrees and gives me the forms and approved LC ?

Please suggest.

Regards,

VenkatLC Approved of Comapny A- working for B

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the exact same situation.

I have a Certified LC form NY with a PD of Feb 2002.

Now working for another firm and the firm the LC was filled under is non-active anymore.

Is it possible to proceed with I-140 and I-485 fillings with Firm B on the basis on a Certified LC with Firm A?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Spoke with my lawyer. It isn't possible. Cpy A got the LC certified, then I-140 and I-485 can only be filed by Cpy A. Also if approved in the end you are to work for Cpy A for at least 6-12 months.

RichardFranco said:
Spoke with my lawyer. It isn't possible. Cpy A got the LC certified, then I-140 and I-485 can only be filed by Cpy A. Also if approved in the end you are to work for Cpy A for at least 6-12 months.

"if approved in the end we have to work for Cpy A for at least 6-12 months."
how sure r u?and from where did u get this information?
I'm in a similar situation,presently working with company B.
----------------------------------------
Company A
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec 6 2001
45 days letter received - mid sept 2005
replied - mid sept 2005
Last update (case received date) feb 17 06
processing center - Philadelphia Backlog Elimination
Status approved July 20 2006

In process of filing I 140
----------------------------------------------
Company B
Substitute labor
Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002
I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE july 17 06
RFE replied mid of AUG

Status I140 :pending

It's all over in these forums and lawyer confirmed.

The idea of an employment-based sponsorship GC is that the company sponsoring you does it so it can hire you when you get your GC. On these premises, it is hard to get the GC and then move on with no intent from the employee and/ or the employer for work to actually take place as outlined in the application all along.

It is likely people do this nonetheless but in fact if one intends to go for citizenship right when it is possible to do so (after holding the GC for 5 years I believe) then not having worked or having worked very little time for the sponsor firm, will handicap the citizenship application greatly.

I am starting from scratch with PERM with cpy B. It sucks. Wasted 4 years and $6,000.

Last edited by a moderator:
RichardFranco said:
It's all over in these forums and lawyer confirmed.

The idea of an employment-based sponsorship GC is that the company sponsoring you does it so it can hire you when you get your GC. On these premises, it is hard to get the GC and then move on with no intent from the employee and/ or the employer for work to actually take place as outlined in the application all along.

It is likely people do this nonetheless but in fact if one intends to go for citizenship right when it is possible to do so (after holding the GC for 5 years I believe) then not having worked or having worked very little time for the sponsor firm, will handicap the citizenship application greatly.

I am starting from scratch with PERM with cpy B. It sucks. Wasted 4 years and $6,000.

I have worked for Company A from 2000 to 2005 thats makes 5 long years.Now u r saying that I have to work again with him once I'll get GC,as it will create problem while applying for citizenship? u mean all those 5 years won't count? pls response

IS ur company A is not willing to sponser GC further?

------------------------------
Company A
Case RIR - NY - EB2
PD Dec 6 2001

45 days letter received - mid sept 2005
replied - mid sept 2005
Last update (case received date) feb 17 06
processing center - Philadelphia Backlog Elimination
Status approved July 20 2006

In process of filing I 140
----------------------------------------------
Company B
Substitute labor
Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002

I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE july 17 06
RFE replied mid of AUG

Status I140 :pending

Can I keep my old PD if new company files new PERM?

I read somewhere that if I have an approved LC and then change jobs and my new company will file PERM for me I will be able to keep my old priority date? Do you guys know if this is true?

Thank you!