LC and TAX from different states

ttusond

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My company is based in X state and currently my project is in Y state. Initially I was paying taxes for X state but then I requested my employer to change it to Y state itself. So now I am living for in Y state, paying taxes for it but my company is in X state.
I have started my GC ....initial stage LC from X state...what are my chance of it getting approved also how may this effect my 140 and 480...my state labor has already cleard from X state and now its in federal .....I am wondering if difference between my labor state and tax state could cause any problems.

Interesting.....

Labor and 140 I think are for the employer...so what the employer should show is that they are paying taxes in the state where their office is....I think I am not sure...I am in a similar situation and I am not afraid....since the state got cleared and now I am in federal...we should be ok...let me know otherwise...

ttusond said:
Hello,

My company is based in X state and currently my project is in Y state. Initially I was paying taxes for X state but then I requested my employer to change it to Y state itself. So now I am living for in Y state, paying taxes for it but my company is in X state.
I have started my GC ....initial stage LC from X state...what are my chance of it getting approved also how may this effect my 140 and 480...my state labor has already cleard from X state and now its in federal .....I am wondering if difference between my labor state and tax state could cause any problems.

ttusond said:
Hello,

Not at all a problem.
Labor / I-140 / Green Card is strictly for Future Employment, doesn't matter where you are filing taxes currently.

I heard that if the headoffice of the company is in the state where labor is applied from then it should be fine.

Also I am wondering if the Reduction in backlog program has to do something with people filing thier 140 / 485 next year or is it a concern for those people who has already filed and would be setback.....