LC Advertisment text issue

Chicago Desi

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I am new here. My employer finally decided to file for my GC. We contacted a lawyer, prepared ad, posted three ads in Chicago tribune (cost serious $$$) and now that the LCA was about to be filed, lawyer says that the ads do not mention "or equivalent" for degree requirement. The ad should have been like "BS in CS or equivalent" instead it says "BS/BA in CS". My a**hole HR guy did this screw up and the lawyer did not even bother to check the ad otherwise I would have rectified it.

My question is, how important is it to have "or equivalent" phrase in the ad as I have foriegn Bachelors in CS degree fully recognized and approved in US by all universities and all companies. Both I and emplyer are in Chicago area.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.

I guess if you have 4 year degree in CS, it should not matter. Make sure your degree evaluation matches with ad. If you have 3 year degree, i thingk you should have equivalent.

Chicago Desi said:
Hello,

I am new here. My employer finally decided to file for my GC. We contacted a lawyer, prepared ad, posted three ads in Chicago tribune (cost serious $$$) and now that the LCA was about to be filed, lawyer says that the ads do not mention "or equivalent" for degree requirement. The ad should have been like "BS in CS or equivalent" instead it says "BS/BA in CS". My a**hole HR guy did this screw up and the lawyer did not even bother to check the ad otherwise I would have rectified it.

My question is, how important is it to have "or equivalent" phrase in the ad as I have foriegn Bachelors in CS degree fully recognized and approved in US by all universities and all companies. Both I and emplyer are in Chicago area.

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.

Chicago Desi said:
Hello,

Please respond.

Thanks in advance.
Lower level is mandatory, upper level is acceptable. No problem with your advertisement. Now-a-days, the perfects are also under tremendous screening. Let it be filed and wait. Goodluck

Thanks a lot guys/gals. I really appreciate your responses. I have a 4 year Bachelors in CS and 5+ years of experience and the ad clearly states this. The degree evaluation also in line with job requirements.

Now I have got the confidence to ask the lawyer to start the process and guess what, I will be keeping a lot of my fingers crossed for some forseeable future :D

I just talked with my lawyer and she said that there is a good chance that it wont be a problem but it does come up as the reason of denials/RFE in 5% cases at I140 stage. Has any one of you had any problem with I140 with the similar situation?

CHeck out the I-140 tracker/forum.. You will find tons of them related to education/experience...

Chicago Desi,

Your lawyer is good. I specifically instructed my lawyer to include "equvalent" word in ETA 750 and in ad, as I am holding a foreign degree. He drafted the ad without "equvalent". He did not mention "Equvalent" in ETA form too. He told me that if one has a strong educational evaluation it is not necessory. I am also keeping my fingers crossed.