Layoff and 140 - need help please

wait_goes_on

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
My 140 and 485 were filed concurrently Jan 30 2004, with a RD of 2/7/2004 in EB2 category. My company was quite big (>10,000 employees), so everything was perfect. Now this company was acquired by another huge company this Jan and I was laid off on Jan 15th 2005.
After the layoff I had talked to this company B and they had told us they weren't going to revoke our 140 and 485s, which turned out to be true, because I just recieved an RFE on my 140 2-3 days back (don't know yet what the RFE is about, just recieved an email).
After the layoff I signed up with a consulting firm in Chicago and they were looking for contracts for me and simultaneously I was also looking for new jobs. I just got an offer 1 week back and might be getting few more offers this week, from some very good companies.
The thing that I need help on is since I wasn't working in the last 2 months or so, do you see any problems where they can reject my 140? I can provide them paystubs for the last 2 months from this company with whom I signed up after the layoff. Just to give you a very clear picture the new offers that I am recieving, would require me to work for company C (NOT through this consulting firm)
Also any ideas on what could my RFE be potentially?

I'll appreciate any help greatly..

Dude, talk to a lawyer. I totally feel for you, since I am guessing we used to be co-workers.

Try to get a hold of John at Stern & Elkind. He is quite helpful.

wait_goes_on said:
Hi Gurus,
My 140 and 485 were filed concurrently Jan 30 2004, with a RD of 2/7/2004 in EB2 category. My company was quite big (>10,000 employees), so everything was perfect. Now this company was acquired by another huge company this Jan and I was laid off on Jan 15th 2005.
After the layoff I had talked to this company B and they had told us they weren't going to revoke our 140 and 485s, which turned out to be true, because I just recieved an RFE on my 140 2-3 days back (don't know yet what the RFE is about, just recieved an email).
After the layoff I signed up with a consulting firm in Chicago and they were looking for contracts for me and simultaneously I was also looking for new jobs. I just got an offer 1 week back and might be getting few more offers this week, from some very good companies.
The thing that I need help on is since I wasn't working in the last 2 months or so, do you see any problems where they can reject my 140? I can provide them paystubs for the last 2 months from this company with whom I signed up after the layoff. Just to give you a very clear picture the new offers that I am recieving, would require me to work for company C (NOT through this consulting firm)
Also any ideas on what could my RFE be potentially?

I'll appreciate any help greatly..

I have been in constant touch with the lawyer. Was just trying to see if there is anyone here on this forum who has seen a similar case and knows the possibilities of 140 getting approved/denied in such case or what an RFE could be..

There is hope, since you mentioned that your company has 10000 employees.
RFE wont be for ability to pay.

So they might not ask about pay check.