Layoff after filing I 485

jackAug

I have filed my 485 in december and after 2 months Iam getting laid off. But my company is willing to help me in what ever possible way other than keeping me in the payroll.
1. So if they don\'t inform INS and I go on a vacation for another 4 months (to become 180 days after filing 1 485)will there be any problem.
2. If I continue vacation for more than 6 months will their be any problem.
3.If I have a gap of employment as vacation for a longer time will their be any problem.
4. How do INS know about the layoff if they are not informed ?.

Please help.....

The basics...

... if I recall corectly I believe that when applying for a green card the company is "obligated?!" to hire you AFTER you receive the GC. If that is the case, and the company is working with you, you can just proceed as usual. But, please ask an immi. atty. since I am not one...

Which stage we need to produce paystub or proof of employment

At which stage do I need to show the proof of employment.

If in the 10%

Thanks for the response.
Normally what are the things that INS can ask for. My employer will give me a paystub if I ask them. Also they may put be back temporarily on to the payroll if required. But if they ask for W2 then Iam in trouble as it can show the history.

No paystubs required

From what I understand, your employer has to have intent to hire when the GC arrives. Which means a letter should do. Subsequent to receiving the GC, you should work for your employer for a "reasonable" duration. Please consult a lawyer for specifics.