Lawyer

NIW_question

Registered Users (C)
I plan to file NIW. From the web discussion, it seems that the citations are very important. But the situation is that I do not have any citations for my papers. Do you think whether it worthes to hire a lawyer in my case? Please give me your precious opinions. Many thanks!

I strongly recommend "Tao Zhang" who works in Zhang & Associate.

I got my NIW approval on the early of October within 3 weeks only because she had managed quite well. A coverletter (from attorney) with strong recommendation letter is most important one when USCIS evaluate.

Her e-mail address: tzhang@hooyou.com

You can request your CV evaluation with any questions to her e-mail address directly. I also did contact directly.

She was really Great!!!

Good luck!

Topbrucelee

NIW_question said:
I plan to file NIW. From the web discussion, it seems that the citations are very important. But the situation is that I do not have any citations for my papers. Do you think whether it worthes to hire a lawyer in my case? Please give me your precious opinions. Many thanks!

It looks that your case is not very strong for NIW. The fact that your papers were not cited means that your papers are not good enough. Then you need to collect all other possible evidences of your abilities (very strong references, awards, patents, reviewing etc) and find a very good lawyer.

As far as I know, there is a case which was denied because of no citation although having strong letters. Can you be more specific about how to use other criteria to make-up the deficiency of no citation? How a good lawyer can achieve this? I know some lawyers just get the money then can help nothing on this unless you have strong stuff which is already persuative. many thanks!

dont waste money on lawyer

if your case is not strong...no one can do anything...so its better to do self evaluation......and then hire a attorney...to help in the detailed paper work.

from what i know, for NIW...."importance of work" carries more weight, which can be proved by number of publications, citations, impact factor....magazine articles...., real awards etc..

why do u not want to go EB1-OR route?, this one maybe slightly more stressful on publications and citations.

Doubt

Thank you, Guys. What is impact factor, is this for Journals? how to find out it?
If there is nothing which can be used besides just a few conference papers, do you think the strong recommendation letters can overcome the shortcomings? If yes, How?