Lawyer theratened to withdraw the approved h1b case

ricky78

Hello to all teh gurus,
I have really weird problem. My company hired a lawyer 2 years back to do my GC as well as H1b. I did got my H1b but he did not do anything with GC. He told me that he filed under Perm towards the end of 2005. I kept on asking him after every couple of months what happened with my case. He kept on saying that he has applied for labor certification and its under process. Finally in the beginning of this year I started asking him if he can give me or my employer the receipt number since Perm only take at the most few months and not almost 2 years. He gave us wrong number when I called him that number is not complete, he started yelling at me, threatened that I have no legal right to enquire about my case, and also that he will disassociate me from the case. I told my employer to ask him to give us the documents so that we can get it reviewed from some one else. My employer called him to get the 9089 or other related forms, again he gave us wrong number which we verified through other attorney. My employer called him and told him about it and he said he delibrately send wrong number since he did not knew my employers identity. Now he did send me all the files except the perm document along with $4500 check which we initially gave him for green card stuff as first installment. He says that he is returning this check and also withdrwaing the PERM application. I called USCIS and they told me since we signed form 82 ( or some form). He can not only withdraw the PERM application as well as he can revoke the H1b since my emplyer has given him the power to act of their behalf. Now my question is can he write to INS to cancel my already approved h1b( i m working on h1b from 2 years) just because my employer has signed that from 82. Can he withdraw PERM application without my employers consent ( although I think he never filed any application). We do not know what to do, How can we verify if he filled perm at the first place, if he withdraws it then what will be affect on my case and if he dont how can I get all documents filed by him back for other attorney to review. I m totally totally confused. My employer is with me so thats not an issue. GURUS PLEASE HELP ME. We will cancel the 82 form in between. BUT I M REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE CAN CANCEL IT, ALTHOUGH ITS A FRAUD BUT THATS A LATTER THING< WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH MY STATUS, WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE.
THANKS....................

I am not an attorney. But, I am very sure that he cannot revoke your H1B without your employers approval.

Meanwhile, why don't you report to the bar association about this lawyer?