Lawyer suggests to retake fingerprint?

jun_shicn

Registered Users (C)
HI,

Few days ago I got re-fingerprint letter from BCIS directly and the appointment date is on Jan 2, 2004. I took the fingerprint days ago before appointment in San Jose, and told the lawyer about it and faxed the receipt to her for record. Today I got a message from her and she said it might be better to retake the fingerprint again on the appointment in case something wrong, although she didn't tell me what might be wrong. Any idea?

Thanks.

-Jun

WAC-02-046-XXXXX

Most people take their fingerprinting early. Never heard of a problem with it before. Why not ask your lawyer what her worries are?

Thank you folks. As I just got the RFE request yesterday after the fingerprint was done, the website has the update about the RFE request. I asked the lawyer what she worried about, and she said nothing and just said it's up to me to take it again or not. I got confused and then posted this question. Today I got the mail from the lawyer, which is same as the one I got last time directly from BCIS. So I'd like not to take the fingerprint again.

I got my 2nd FP done earlier than scheduled last Saturday, but still the message showed RFE sent, and no update on the FP. Normally how long does it take for the message change for FP?

Thanx,
JAurora

JAurora, we did you do your FP? Last week I have done second FP in San Jose and it took three days to update online status.

I also did it in San Jose, and on Dec. 13. So far online message still shows RFE sent :( :( :confused:

Can we still call FBI to check FP status now? If so, what's the phone number?

Thanx,
JAurora

The phone number to dial is (304) 625-5590 (press option 4 when connected).

Have the following information ready before you dial:

service center;
purpose of FP (for us, it's I-485 for permanent residents);
name;
A number;
date FP was taken.

ItsComing, thanx a lot for the detailed information.

I just checked my message again before calling FBI, and it finally changed to process resumed on Dec. 20 :)

Thanx again :)
JAurora

Hi Jaurora,

When did you send back to documentation for RFE? Before Fingerprint or after Fingerprint? As I have to wait for the 2003 W-2 which is requested by the RFE, I don't know whether the current update on-line about RFE will be changed to resume after Fingerprint received, or it can only get resumed after BCIS gets my RFE doc.

Thanks.

-Jun

Jun,

I sent my document to my lawyer only, and they're still working on it before replying to BCIS. And yes, after my 2nd FP is done, the message changed from RFE sent to FP received.

BTW, is it explicitly requesting 2003 W2 in your RFE?

Thanks,
JAurora

I haven't got the original RFE but my lawyer. She told me 2003 W2 is mandatory, so I have to wait for it.

-Jun