Lawyer says 485 package Returned!!!!!

rocky_rock

Registered Users (C)
hey guys...I need ur quick 2 cents....my lawyer yesterday said that on July 2nd she had sent 2 big packages and and one of them got returned few days back. There's some confusion here cause she told me 2 days back that she has filed my 485 but to my employer she says the 485 was returned back. I think he is lying....but I want to know if its possible that she really got the entire big fedex package back .....Did anyone's 485 got returned so far???? Please let me know as I am questioning the worthiness of this lawyer....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some options for you to think about:

1. If you have a good and open relationship with your employer tell your employer to call your attorney and verify this. Your employer can ask the attorney by saying that you had a different info and his intention is to clarify and calm you considering the anxiety around this filing.

2. In case you cannot initiate option 1, ask your attorney when they are sending the package back to USCIS and take the Fed Ex Tracking Number. Track the package from the time it leaves their office till it reaches USCIS again. I am not sure about how many days it takes to get some acknowledgement for the applications now, keep following those time frames and wait for some kind of acknowledgement.

3. Open an e-fax number and send it to your lawyer and tell them to fax you anything that they may receive on your case to that number as soon as they have it.

If you have a strong feeling that you are being misled by the lawyer, and if you can drive up to their office go ahead and meet them personally and get things clarified. The journey to get the GC is a journey of faith and trust between you and your lawyer/employer. The onus is on you for your benefit to keep reinforcing that trust.

Good luck.