Lawyer said 485 approved but no change in on-line status

tultu

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
My I485 case was applyed Apr,2004, priority date is Jul,2003. it has been pending since.
I applied EAD renew Dec 2005, but didn't get it till now, I got IEAD last month, and few days after I got IEAD, my EAD case online status changed to 'we have reopen this case ...'; It's so strange that I asked my Lawyer what's going on. Today get a leter from Lawyer saying that INS told him that my 485 case got approved and that's why the strange EAD status.

I have few confusion though:

1. My on line status didn't show approved, it was not changed at all for a long long time
2. We didn't get any approve notice from INS.
3. if they indeed approved my case, how could they reopen my EAD case---according to them, EAD is no long needed.
4. My case doesn't become current till Apr 2006
IS anyone has such experince? I planed to call INS tomorrow

Thanks

congrats!!!!

tultu,

congrats..its good that they approved yoru case. I think there is a fair chance that your lawyer would have checked thoroughly before telling you the result.

let us know what you hear from VSC.

good luck!!!

Are you 100% sure that the online number you entered is correct?
--Naveen Oshos
tultu said:
Hi All,
My I485 case was applyed Apr,2004, priority date is Jul,2003. it has been pending since.
I applied EAD renew Dec 2005, but didn't get it till now, I got IEAD last month, and few days after I got IEAD, my EAD case online status changed to 'we have reopen this case ...'; It's so strange that I asked my Lawyer what's going on. Today get a leter from Lawyer saying that INS told him that my 485 case got approved and that's why the strange EAD status.

I have few confusion though:

1. My on line status didn't show approved, it was not changed at all for a long long time
2. We didn't get any approve notice from INS.
3. if they indeed approved my case, how could they reopen my EAD case---according to them, EAD is no long needed.
4. My case doesn't become current till Apr 2006
IS anyone has such experince? I planed to call INS tomorrow

Thanks

same story

I have had the AP in hand for about 1 month now. The online status is still "still processing"

I would be very happy if it's true.

I called INS and the lady told me from what she can tell, it's not approved yet. I called my previous lawyer who handled my 485 case and they didn't got any update either.
The EAD case is a different lawyer, he got that info b/c the strange status of my EAD( I guess they had some inquery about that). Now I don't know what's going on.

Called new lawyer but can't reach them, let's see

Don't believe the messages that are sent with the EAD / AP Approval / Denial.

I had the same situation where the EAD was denied but the Advance Parole notice stated that since the case was already approved, cannot issue AP.

GO Figure!!!!

Did not mean to discourage you but thought should share the info that I am aware of....