Lawyer Representation

srivenu

Registered Users (C)
When filing for N-400 thro a lawyer do notifications go to both lawyer and filing party or do they go only to the lawyer.

Sri

Once someone is represented by an attorney, each letter goes to attorney's address UNLESS attorney would provide both addreses-yours and attorney's. If USCIS would have addresses of both-yours and attorney's, then they would send the letter to both places/parties.

Though I know that your main reason to hire an attorney is-so that your attorney could receive mails from USCIS for you in your absence, but I must warn you to be very careful in choosing the attorney. Because, mostly cases in immigration are messed up because of the mistakes of attorneys. Most of them are so busy that they don't even remember a hearing/interview date of their client. Sometimes some attorneys purposely ignore an interview date so that their client could get in more big problem, which will produce a new job for attorney to make more money from their clients. But that doesn't mean that there are no good attorneys out there. That's why I said that make sure to get a good one.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't thinlk thats true. All correspondence to the attorney comes to the applicant a well.. Isn't that the case , at least that was the case when GC was processed.. Also a good lawyer will make sure everthing is in place & should be helpful at least at the time of filing to note of any issues/problems before hand. I know that few people will say that some lawyers are ./$#$ blah , blah .. ..Comments form others ...?

both get notices

We have filed for our citizenship via a lawyer. Though the lawyer told us that we did not require his services since our case was straight forward but for peace of mind we went with the lawyer. Both parties get the notices. A good lawyer however will always send you a copy of whatever they recieve as has happened in our case.