Lawyer Issue

maverick17

Registered Users (C)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I am having issue with the lawyer, Accrording to my lawyer he has sent my papers to chicago lock box on 21th March and the check for I-485 has been cleared. But the issue is till now I havent got any letter from USCIS I have called USCIS myself and they told me that they havent got anything under my name till now. I asked my lawyer to send me the copy of the check which is cleared by usics so that I can get the case # and check online. The copy of check which my lawyer has sent is so unclear that there is nothing which I can read. My lawyer is saying that I have to wait some more time....

I dont know what happening and who is right...Its almost a month and nothing has been done..no NOA .....

I am frustrated and dont know whom to believe...

I will appreciate if some one can guide me what to do.

See if you can ask your lawyer for the tracking number, if he used UPS or FedEx.

edit: Also, I'm assuming that the lawyer gave you a copy of a copy from his bank correct? If you look in the back you should be able to see who cashed it, you should be able to see SOMETHING.

Also, whats your D.O.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my lawyer has sent me the fax copy and I cant see anything on that check every thing is so dark...
moreover the tracking # which my lawyer gave is not working even....
I called USCIS and they searched on my name and said that they cant find anything,so now I started thinking that my lawyer is lying to me but again I dont know why my lawyer willl lie to me....

Well my lawyer has sent me the fax copy and I cant see anything on that check every thing is so dark...
I called USCIS and they searched on my name and said that they cant find anything,so now I started thinking that my lawyer is lying to me but again I dont know why my lawyer willl lie to me....
Call the lawyer and have him either give you the case number on the back of the check, or have him send you a copy in the mail, or better yet go get the copy in person.. there should be 3 or more checks he sent, one for each form, I130,485 and 765..

This is why I do not always think using a lawyer is the best way, they are slow and sloppy with the process.

You have to extract information from them , that other wise should be made Immediatly available to you.

Call your lawyer and have him give you the case number, & or tracking number of package sent. Do Not let him give you the run around telling you to wait longer. He works for you! He should provide Case number Immediatly and send you a copy of those cashed checks by certified mail!

Get off your butt...

Douche,;)

Your lawyer has a responsibility to provide you with documents which you can read and understand. Lawyer don't have a monopoly on sending documents which are unreadable, because they seek to conceal information from you. :eek: Canon governing lawyers is very explicit in its advise to all lawyers: Seek to provide the highest professional services with utmost regards to high moral and ethical standards. In your situation, I am yet to see any from your lawyer. :cool:

Mr douche.... call your lawyer, ask him to send you copy of the completed forms, copy of the check send, and a copy of Notice of Action. Tell him that USCIS issues Notice of Action as soon as they cash the check. 90% of the time, USCIS issues NOA within 10 days of receiving your application, US govt want your money. Unless he had something to hide, he is required to give you the documentation.:mad:

How much did you pay him? Did you verify with a bar association that he is indeed a lawyer and still registered with that BAR? ;) I wonder why most immigrants tremble at the mere sight of an immigration lawyer :confused: You better get off your ass and go to this office, request copies of......
NOA, Completed application form, how the forms where mailed. :rolleyes:

Maverick17,

This sounds similar to the experience I had with my lawyer earlier this year. I won't bad mouth him because he did eventually send out my forms 2 months later.

My advice to you would be to go to see your lawyer and inquire about your case. Give him a surprise visit, you decided to use him for a reason, that reason was not to be BS'ed by him.

From my experience I don't think he sent your forms in, please believe USCIS when they tell you they haven't received anything under your name. If they did it would be in their computer system by now.

I hope you are able to find out what is going on with your case. Refer to the "Late December Filing Thread" for my experience with my lawyer.

So what became of this? Is your lawyer still giving u the run around?
I know most lawyers don't really feel concerned because the more the case is delayed, the more they can make out of you, but at least they should get the job done right. There was a reason you contacted him. If u wanted a sloppy job, u could have entrusted the job to any idiot on the streets of ur city.

In my case, I was copied on all forms sent to the USCIS. And you should have received a receipt from USCIS if they received anything in our name.

I know most lawyers don't really feel concerned because the more the case is delayed, the more they can make out of you, but at least they should get the job done right. There was a reason you contacted him. If u wanted a sloppy job, u could have entrusted the job to any idiot on the streets of ur city.

In my case, I was copied on all forms sent to the USCIS. And you should have received a receipt from USCIS if they received anything in our name.

This thread has been "dead" since April 2007... the chances of you getting a response from the original poster are as good as those of the "diversity lottery" :rolleyes:

Hi, I read yr posts and ned yr help.
Can u pl PM me