Lawyer is lame;80 days to submit RFE. Implications?

GCdreamer2006

Registered Users (C)
My hope on this is that upon receiving the I-485 RFE, adjudicators work quickly on it. Is that true ? I was told that after submitting RFE's, some people got case decided in the matter of few days or weeks.

Do you know guys know whether my attorney's lazy attitude can delay my process ?

That <worst_profanity_in_your_native_language_here> attorney took 80 days to work on my I-485 RFE. Only now he is claiming he is ready to submit the paperwork to USCIS, although EVL letter from employer is not ready yet !

Due to some complex issues I can't replace this individual and now this insane GC process is supposed to be at the end for me, but at the end of this process I am planning to tell him some.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on the nature of RFE. But still 80 days is too much. Usually, RFE raised for I-485 should not be that complex.

Sometimes, there might be some communication gap between attorneys and employers. Sometime, employer may claim that they never received such a request from the attorney, or employer might have sent the necessary documents to attorney, but it might not have come to attorney's notice.

If we are on top of the issue, we may be able to eliminate such communication gaps. Keep bugging your employer until he sends the EVL.

Good luck.

It is not complex at all and it was not communication issue. It is just becasue this freaking attorney is damn ass*, lazy guy. If I find out that his action has delayed my application in any way I could file a complaint against this man.

Apollo_13 said:
It depends on the nature of RFE. But still 80 days is too much. Usually, RFE raised for I-485 should not be that complex.

Sometimes, there might be some communication gap between attorneys and employers. Sometime, employer may claim that they never received such a request from the attorney, or employer might have sent the necessary documents to attorney, but it might not have come to attorney's notice.

If we are on top of the issue, we may be able to eliminate such communication gaps. Keep bugging your employer until he sends the EVL.

Good luck.

GCdreamer

What are you doing, bhaiya ? I am a girl but I would have had a stronger reaction if he did that to me.
Now again, what are you doing Bhaiya ? It is not safe to complain against attorneys over here. I know that quite a few of them monitor this site ( alongwith USCIS people ) to see who is complaining. Especially if you give specifics they can recognize your case pretty easily.
I bet your attorney can recognize you if he comes across this....

Catdog, instead of saying stupid things like this, why don't you join Immigrationvoice.org and raise intelligent points there ? They need smart people like you. Do something positive.

catdog said:
GCdreamer

What are you doing, bhaiya ? I am a girl but I would have had a stronger reaction if he did that to me.
Now again, what are you doing Bhaiya ? It is not safe to complain against attorneys over here. I know that quite a few of them monitor this site ( alongwith USCIS people ) to see who is complaining. Especially if you give specifics they can recognize your case pretty easily.
I bet your attorney can recognize you if he comes across this....

Thank you for calling me smart, my love. But I am not that smart...that is why I am sitting on this forum all day, trying to convince you guys to quit and go back..But I am getting nowhere....

catdog said:
Thank you for calling me smart, my love. But I am not that smart...that is why I am sitting on this forum all day, trying to convince you guys to quit and go back..But I am getting nowhere....

catdog,

I don't think anyone following these forums would seriously want to go back at this time, otherwise they won't be spending their time in knowing immigration issues. I think most of the guys are around their early thirties and as long as they have a ok job they will be here for some more time. People have started understanding retrogression only now, it will take sometime. I saw some of your old postings related to having better demand once the crowd here goes back. But unfortunately that will never be true, if we go then corporate america will bring someone younger from their indian offshore developement centers or their vendors in India. This is already happening a lot in software.

You can try the following link
http://groups.msn.com/r2iclub
I am sure you find lot of people in the dilemma sub-forum.

Never mind if you not that smart. Just join IV and act fast !

catdog said: