Lawyer cheated Urgent please help me

GCPain28

Hi Gurus,
I am pretty new to this forum.My lawyer cheated me. I field I-140 and 485 concurrently. There was a RFE on I-140. DHS gave 30 days to respond but lawyer did not respond with in the given time and he told me that he mistakenly did not respond to the RFE. I called him and reminded him 4 times in that 30 day period regarding RFE, it looks he never cared my calls to remind him. He is one of the desi lawyers in the bay area CA. Because of him I lost so much of time and lot of mental tension. I called him for the solution for this and he was kind of rude and he does not answer my phone calls and he says he is busy. He is behaving so unfair. What can do to get through this? Your valuable suggestions are appreciated.

1. Keep trying to communicate with your current lawyer.
2. Consult to another attorney to see what your options are. All attorneys will answer your questions while charging you a per-hour basis fee. It might be worth it.
3. Post your question in the I-140 section of the forum. People here haven't gotten to that stage yet.

gcpain28

I am sorry for your situation, you can threatenn him to report him to bar council thats the only thing which may work, I been there ,but problem is that your I-140 is filed by employer so he has to file a complain, you can request USCIS to reconsider but its totally discretionary

Act now and help Bay area friends

Please disclose the name of the attorney through this forum so that others will not get affected. Since you have lost your case better write to bar council, council will definitely look in to the matter and you will get your grivences redressed.

But do not keep shut after this incident. This way you are encouraging un ethical attorney.

GCPain28 said:
Hi Gurus,
I am pretty new to this forum.My lawyer cheated me. I field I-140 and 485 concurrently. There was a RFE on I-140. DHS gave 30 days to respond but lawyer did not respond with in the given time and he told me that he mistakenly did not respond to the RFE. I called him and reminded him 4 times in that 30 day period regarding RFE, it looks he never cared my calls to remind him. He is one of the desi lawyers in the bay area CA. Because of him I lost so much of time and lot of mental tension. I called him for the solution for this and he was kind of rude and he does not answer my phone calls and he says he is busy. He is behaving so unfair. What can do to get through this? Your valuable suggestions are appreciated.

I'd definitely be interested to know who this attorney was as well. Please advise. That sucks about your situation. No other way to say it -- it SUCKS. How can any reputable attorney just "forget" to respond to an RFE ? There has to be a malpractice suit in there.

great guru said:
Please disclose the name of the attorney through this forum so that others will not get affected. Since you have lost your case better write to bar council, council will definitely look in to the matter and you will get your grivences redressed.

But do not keep shut after this incident. This way you are encouraging un ethical attorney.

guru

is there a way you can remove attorney from your case so that he does not keep reciving yuor documents plz help
and do you think there can be any legal consequences of mentioning name of attrneys here who screw up since most of LC and I-140 petition are from the employer

If you are giving real fact, you can straight away write a letter to bar counsil of your state they will make sure the attroney license will be suspended and your grivences will get a solution.

Disclosing the attorney name you are doing favour to your immigration society.

iak65 said:
is there a way you can remove attorney from your case so that he does not keep reciving yuor documents plz help
and do you think there can be any legal consequences of mentioning name of attrneys here who screw up since most of LC and I-140 petition are from the employer

Any info. on this lawyer

Gurus
Any info about this lawyer Harvey Shapiro ? in MA.
He is charging like 10k for GC processing ?

He is OKay

Gurus
Any info about this lawyer Harvey Shapiro ? in MA.
He is charging like 10k for GC processing ?

He is okay, my company has my H1B done through him and it came very quickly. But you have to be on top of your case. Because he is slow.