Lawyer and company will not give approved I-485 notice

aaaa

I got a courtesy copy of I-485 approval notice. But, my lawyer and company refuses to hand over the original copy. They want me to sign a 2 year bond with the company to get my I-485 approval notice. I have refused. I don\'t know what to do. Please help...

No Title

Get your passport stamped and then contact the state bar association and find out if your lawyer is breaking the law or at the very least violating the code of ethics (no jokes about lawyers and ethics, okay :)

No Title

be careful. I have seen post that some employer called INS and revoked the GC approval.
First make a Copy of the courtesy copy you got for your reference.
stamp PP with courtesy copy.

you do not need original after that. stay away from signing anything for few months. after that you can quit.

No Title

As if it was not enough for the company to exploit you in times while your GC was in process, they want to carry on for 2 more years. They can\'t enslave you. Seek another attorney\'s help if needed. Meanwhile, as vscaug98 said, proceed with caution, don\'t outright refuse your company. Tell them you\'ll consider and get your stamping done.

aGCSeeker.

No Title

Stamp using your courtsey copy (I know a friend who did it), then get yourself a good lawyer and
sue the company for blackmail.

Dude, this is a once ina life time opportunity to get your GC and also screw your overlords.
Can it get any sweeter?

No Title

I think you should, FIRST & FOREMOST, get your passport stamped, and you don\'t need the original approval, your courtesy copy is fine. Once that is done, you can think about other things. And it is important to keep a copy of the approval for future reference.
I agree with a couple of the postings that you should report your lawyer to concerned authorities, remember, your lawyer is suppoesed to be representing YOU, not your employer. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO IS PAYING HIM, AND THAT IS A FACT. But whether you should take further action or not should be decided only after thinking about all the ramifications....