Latest receipt dates, looks like N400 is lowest on their plate.

vgd

Registered Users (C)
As of September 28, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:

California Service Center
Form Number Date Received

I-130 8/19/2007
N-400 7/30/2007
All Other Forms 9/13/2007

Nebraska Service Center

I-131 8/13/2007
I-140 8/13/2007
I-485 Employment
Based 8/13/2007
I-765 8/13/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms 8/05/2007

Texas Service Center

I-131 8/01/2007
I-140 8/13/2007
I-140 concurrently filed
with I-485 8/01/2007
I-485 Employment
Based * 8/01/2007
I-765 8/01/2007
N-400 7/18/2007
All Other Forms 9/19/2007

*California Service Center and Vermont Service Center are currently assisting in data entry of employment-based I-485 and related forms (I-140, I-765, and I-131) received at Texas Service Center between the dates of 7/28 and 8/8. As a result, some applicants may receive receipt notices from a service center different than the one they originally applied to.

Vermont Service Center

I-130 7/29/2007
N-400 7/25/2007
All Other Forms 9/11/2007

USCIS Lockbox

TPS 9/02/2007

What a disgrace. People paid almost $700 and the N-400 dates still haven't moved even by 1 day. VSC still shows 7/25/07 like last week AND the week before that.

I agree with you VSC is very slow compared to others. But there is a note that says that they are assisting other service center for data entry I-485 application. That is impacing N-400 application.

I agree with you VSC is very slow compared to others. But there is a note that says that they are assisting other service center for data entry I-485 application. That is impacing N-400 application.

When will they pick up on VSC?? My parents applied end of July and there's still nothing.

I was never able to understand why 485 is given preference over others. As many might know USCIS messed up the visa bulletin handling in july and in first place USCIS should never accepted all these applicatiosn. Now we are impacted. Also N-400 fee rates went up more than 485 category

8/17 is the cutoff date for 485s

Watch TSC and NSC dates for 485. Once they cross 8/17 then you will see movement in N-400 dates in all centers. 8/17 was the last day for applying 485s for the July bulletin goof up victims, which are more than 300K in number.

Talking over here and getting upset and not doing anything about it, won't do any good. If you want to see any changes, then do something about it as I said a few days ago in one of my postings. Everyone should bombard USCIS with their emails EVERYDAY about their disappointment on the services USCIS is providing given the fees you have paid to them. This will get their attention and will make them to do something about it; otherwise don't expect them to change their position on it anytime soon.

It's totally wrong that they have increased this much hike in the fees, but not paying any attention to N-400. Before increasing fees, they should have anticipated about the volume of applications due to the fact that many people might try to take the advantage of old fees by filing their applications. So, they should have been ready by hiring extra employees to take care the flooding of all this extra filings.....

Write to USCIS...

This FAQ answers these questions....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Q : Is USCIS prioritizing certain application(s) during the receipting process?

Yes. The Application to Adjust Status (I-485) will have first priority because USCIS needs to ensure that these applications are receipted in a timeframe that would allow processing of an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days of filing as mandated by law [8 CFR 247a.13(d)]. Our second priority will be to receipt the Application for Naturalization (N-400) so that we can minimize any delays in obtaining citizenship.

Q : Is this why I haven't received my receipt notice?

Yes, it could be. Typically, customers should recieve receipt notices within 2 weeks of USCIS receiving their applications. The receipt delay may cause this to take up to 15 weeks for customers to receive receipt notices. USCIS continues to monitor the current intake of applications and will identify application processing dates on its website. To find the latest information, please see the USCIS Application and Receipting Update at http://www.uscis.gov/receiptingtimes.

>>>>>>15 WEEKS TO RECIEVE RECEIPTS>>>>>> UNBELIEVABLE

This FAQ answers these questions....

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=82b06a9fec745110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

Q : Is USCIS prioritizing certain application(s) during the receipting process?

Yes. The Application to Adjust Status (I-485) will have first priority because USCIS needs to ensure that these applications are receipted in a timeframe that would allow processing of an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days of filing as mandated by law [8 CFR 247a.13(d)]. Our second priority will be to receipt the Application for Naturalization (N-400) so that we can minimize any delays in obtaining citizenship.

Q : Is this why I haven't received my receipt notice?

Yes, it could be. Typically, customers should recieve receipt notices within 2 weeks of USCIS receiving their applications. The receipt delay may cause this to take up to 15 weeks for customers to receive receipt notices. USCIS continues to monitor the current intake of applications and will identify application processing dates on its website. To find the latest information, please see the USCIS Application and Receipting Update at http://www.uscis.gov/receiptingtimes.

>>>>>>15 WEEKS TO RECIEVE RECEIPTS>>>>>> UNBELIEVABLE

I guess filing a WOM doesn't help much either in this case as WOM rulings themselves give USCIS 90 days to comply.