Latest NSC Processing Time Report

alanpero

Registered Users (C)
Attached is the latest Processing Time Report from NSC. Based on what INS had announced lately, I was not expecting any change on the reported date for I-485 asylees; however, surprisingly as per this report, as of July 31, 2002 INS is announcing that the date of cases pending initial adjudication is September 30, 1998 for I-485 asylees. The previous date reported (as of June 30, 2002) was June 9, 1998.
In other words, INS is announcing that they are taking out of the shelf, for initial adjudication, those applications filed on or before September 30, 1998. This in fact is a good new!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alanpero, do you think that on Sept 30th /2002 the date is going to move again? Or this movement is for the next fiscal year.

No one knows the answer

I think no one knows when the date will move again. It is a good news though. But for us who filed I485 recently. Bill S.1311 is our only hope.

Cookiemonster

It is hard to know if it is going to move again before the end of this FY, though I believe it is going to stay.
Some time ago I started a discussion titled "Playing math with INS statistics". At that time I said that there were very few I-485 applications filed between June 98 and September 98, and explained the reasons. Also, my estimate was that the date could move as it is being reported by INS now.
After all is not so surprising that the date has moved almost 4 months (from June 9, 1998 to September 30, 1998) in only one month (from June 30, 2002 to July 31, 2002), because of the reasons explained in that discussion.
But, it seems to me that it is not realisitc to expect any further movement of that date before the end of FY 2002.
Anyway, this is only my opinion and we will see the results in the next NSC processing time report by mid September.

i-485

hi, i submit my application in 2000, i think it wont be processed till 2005 or 2006, are there any chances that i can apply GC based on employment while my asylum GC is still in pending? is it gonna be faster?

Initial adjucation date - so which date is that?
On my notice of action I have received date - August 31 1998 and notice date - October 1 1998 (double bummer). Anyway, should I be worried that they did not contact me yet? I wrote to senators 2 years ago - got a standard answer, INS never answered to my inqury. What should I do?

annv

You should do nothing, and there is nothing you have to worry about, just wait. My receipt and notice dates are similar to you.
Up to now, our applications have been resting on one of the INS shelves, and nobody has touched them since 1998.
By initial adjudication INS means taking the application out of the shelf and assign one of the INS officers to review it and start with the adjudication process.
So, the only thing for us to do is just continue waiting for news from INS, most likely by the first quarter of next FY

Check this link

http://www.elirich.com
Click in Processing Times and then in NSC. They are posting the latest INS time processing report and September 30, 1998 as the date of applications pending initial adjudication