EB-2 NIW

I-140
PD: 06/2001
RFE: 05/2005
AD: 08/2005

I-485
PD:08/2005
FP:09/2005
NC: 10/2005 (I guess so b/c I found a change in LUD without msg change)
LUD: 01/03/2006
AD: 01/12/2006

Thank God because I prayed to Him with my heart. HE responded to my pray.

Check the on-line message, which says that the application was approved and the Notice of Approval was mailed. Did not mentioned when a GC card would be mailed.

Thank God again. This is the second time He responded to my pray.

May God bless those who are still in waiting.

Fox12

fox12 - congrats!!!

do you need to go for stamping or you would just wait for the actuall green cards in the mail? what is the purpose of the stamping.

The USCIS message does not say anything about that. I don't know what to do. I think I would wait for the actual cards.

How come your NIW 140 waited for 4 year for approval?
Is your priority date 06/2000 or 06/2001?

Last edited by a moderator:
fox12 said:
Updated msg says that a card was ordered after my I-485 was approved.
First of all congratulations on your approval.

Wonder if you've received your approval in mail yet. If so, how long did it take? If you can share which city you live in, it would be great.

Did they order your plastic card the very next day after your approval?

Based on other posts that I read here, it seems that after your approval you have to go in to a local USCIS office and surrender your I-94, EADs and APs as well as take most recent pictures in (Optionally you can also get your passport stamped with I-551.) It is only after you go in to surrender the old EADs, APs, I-94 etc. and provide most recent pictures that they order a plastic card. Wasn't that the case with you? Was your experience different?

Was your plastic card ordered without surrendering I-94 etc?

Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

Approval Notice / Actual Cards

Hi,

To my surprise, I received the approval notice and the actual green card yesterday. It took a total of seven days to get both. Yesterday morning, I received several emails from USCIS, saying that my green card was ready and mailed out. But I received it in the afternoon. It seems that USCIS sent batch emails on some specified date.

Good luck to all of you.

Fox12

Oops! Based on what I received, no one instructed me to surrender anything. I would do just as I am instructed by USCIS, neither more nor less.

Congratulations!

I am curious that how you can have a priority date of 06/2000. Since your case is NIW which is not LC-based, the priority date should be the RD of 140 (06/2003).

I had a I-140 approved before NIW. In I-485, there is a field which asks you whether you ever applied for an immigrant visa before. I answered "yes", and told USCIS my EAC number. To my surprise, I was given the previous priority date -- 06/2000. Later, I found that it was how USCIS handled such a situation.

fox12 said:
Hi,
To my surprise, I received the approval notice and the actual green card yesterday. It took a total of seven days to get both. Yesterday morning, I received several emails from USCIS, saying that my green card was ready and mailed out. But I received it in the afternoon. It seems that USCIS sent batch emails on some specified date.
This is surprising indeed. I received my approval notice on 1/21. In my case they told me I will be required for "biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature)" before receiving my permanent resident card. Funny! Considering I was fingerprinted for the third time on 1/13/2006. Oh well! The ways of USCIS.....

peeved said:
This is surprising indeed. I received my approval notice on 1/21. In my case they told me I will be required for "biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature)" before receiving my permanent resident card. Funny! Considering I was fingerprinted for the third time on 1/13/2006. Oh well! The ways of USCIS.....
congratulations...

are you from a retrogressed country

what`s your info