Latest Developments

Sessanga Charlesa

Registered Users (C)
This is the latest development i got online.
I submited the RFE last Saturday August the 16th.

So help me God.

Receipt Number: lin-------------------

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 19, 2003, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

Hi everyone

When I checked the case status online for my wife, She had the same exact message as (Sessanga Charlesa). The only difference is the date. My wife's date is August 11, 2003. According to (TOMOCHKA) posting, the INS recieved his RFE on August 5th and his case was approved on August 15th i.e. it took them only 10 days to finish the process. Let's see how my wife's and Charlesa's go. They are in the same time frame.

Hi Everyone,

Thank Goodness, The BCIS posted the good news regarding my wife RFE. She got approved on August 25th. So the full story is

Assylum Approval 08/97
I485 Notice 12/98
FP 09/02
RFE request 07/11/03 (copy of birth certificate)
RFE sent to BCIS 08/08/03
RFE recieved 08/11/03
Final Approval 08/25/03

I am glad to hear this news and I am sure (Sessanga Charlesa) that you will recieve your approval notice very soon. Please keep us posted. It looks like RFE are takeing 2 to 3 for processing.
Good luck to every body.

why do they ask about Birth certificate?

EagleskybB ,Could you tell us ,why do they ask about birth certificate?
Didn't you guys present your birth certificate at the time of the asylum interview or was that in different language than english.

Thanks

Hello again,

Here is an update on my case.

June 13 i've received request for additional info.
Mailed my answer on Aug 18
They updated my status on line Aug 26
Asylum aproved aug 97
I-485 received on oct 98.

I hope this will be over soon.

Thank you
Chris

To Gebre,

Regarding my wife's birth certificate, we didn't have it at the time we applied for I485 adjustment. We only had her Baptisim certificate. What astonished me is that when they asked for RFE, it stated clearly that if you don't have a birth certificate in English, you can have shool or medical records or religious records of your birth. As you know a baptisim certificate is a religious record !!!!! What can you say?