Latest Citizenship Processing times for California

Hi Cheepa,

Would you be so kind to let us know if there is any chance to make a copy of Certificate of Naturalization during your oath ceremony later?

My husband has been approved last Friday and hopefully will be sworned in soon. We would like to make a copy of his Certificate of Naturalization so that I can apply for I-130 as soon as possible. Looking at the information on the passport application, one has to submit the Certificate of Naturalization along with it which will take 7-10 business days to return. That's why we are wondering if there is any chance one can make a copy at the oath cermony.

Appreciate any info you can provide us later. Thanks so much.

Durgum,

My application timeline

Applied July 2002,
PD Aug 1 2002,
FP Sep 18 2002,
Interview Notice recvd on Jan 26 2003,
Interviewed (Okaland, CA ) Mar 28 2003
Oath letter send Apr 2
Oath ceremony Apr 17th..

Good luck to U

???

Guys / girls,

Congratualations to all who got oath letters.

Why some people got oath letter within 8/9 days & some are still waiting for 8/9 month.

Is it normal? What do you think?

updated Info of my spouse:

Application mailed: 8/1/02
RD: 8/7/02
PD: 8/7/02
ND: 8/22/02
FD: 9/21/02
Interview Date: 4/4/03
Notice Date for Interview: 2/15/03
Oath Date: 4/17/03
Notice Date for Oath: 4/9/03

INS Oakland, CA

California N 400 Timeline Update

Update:
Interview 12/15/03
Oath 1/23/04

Good luck, over & out!

---------------------------
I applied for N-400 in Nov 2002.
Priority Date: Dec. 2002
Fingerprinting: Jan 2003

then nothing....

I made an inquiry on 7/30/03 and got a letter back on 8/6/03 saying "Nothing Scheduled"

The next day: on 8/6/03 I got an interview scheduled for Oct 16th 03.

The next day: on 8/7/03 I got a letter saying "due to unforeseen circumstances, we had to cancel the previously scheduled interview" and "we will advise you of any further action..."

The SAME day: on 8/7/03 I got an interview scheduled for Oct 7, 2003 (sooner than the last schedule!).

The next day: on 8/8/03 I got the same notice - interview cancelled!!!

Anyone seen this before? Shed some light? What's going on here?

I've lived in the USA for over 13 years, got my Green Card in 1994, so been eligible for almost 5 years to apply. Married an American 7 years ago (after I got my GC, not marriage based!).

Anyone shed any light? Ever gotten a cancellation? Why do they cancel so unceremoniously? Rajiv, can you shed some light? This sounds a bit like an odd one... don't you think? Anyone?

Thanks,
Vela