Latest 485 processing date - 07/15/2002

Good news for I485. Bad news for I140 which is still stuck to July 2003 for EB2 (which means that this is backlogged for over a year now).

They just keep pushing the date by a month every month while a whole lot people from 2001, 2002 and 2003 still languish.

Yes it is true they have started approving 2004 applicants.

I only hope they somehow really clear the backlog and as OPTIMISTIQUE points out catch with the I-140 applicants as well.

One reason they are giving step motherly treatement to I-140 is probably to make up and show the administration officials and the court (for our litigation) that they indeed have reduced the backlog significantly since they probably (may be correctly) think only I-485 applications count for the case.

well! these JITs are fallacies....... So many cases from early 2002 are waiting...basically they r approving cases randomly and chronology means nothing to these idiotic fools

May be as Kashmir suggests all you folks waiting on your I-140 should join honeybee's efforts.

Whether it was a coincidence or reality (still no one clearly knows), But with all due respects one can clearly with a certain level of assurance say that the law suit by Rajiv and efforts lead by Kashmir supported by a host of I-485 applicants indeed helped in setting the CSC officials's bottom of fire. It is another matter that their processing tactics have been pathetic, orderless, random and least of crazy. But the efforts mentioned above really helped.

Hence galvanize the efforts done by honeybee and who knows the fruits might be seen soon. Also it good become another coincidence if the CSC decides to shift focus on I-140 for awhile from I-485.

Bottom Line is as much pressure through legal channels are really required to get things done here, especially things that are in our (applicants) control like faxing, petitioning senators, congress(wo)man and whoever we think could make a difference for our cases.

I don't see why we cannot keep the pressure up on both 140 and 485 processing speeds? INS is moving at close to light speed compared to what they were doing in the past, unfortunately light speed is not good enough, they need to pull their socks up and process cases faster.

Unfortunately, their mentality seems to be, "No point in approving 140 since they will just be waiting for 485 in any case so let us get to them when we get to them, and till then clean out the old 485 cases who have been waiting for 3 years". They don't understand the problems of AC21 etc.

So we have to keep the pressure up. Personally, I am coming to the conclusion that it is good for them to move the JIT since now you can atleast send Fax inquiries and Congressmen can push for approval of your case. Whereas before you had no alternative and all you could do was bug INS to move faster.

apart from venting your frustrations here, fax the CSC, represent your congress(wo)man, senator. Call the National Customer Service 800 number and make an enquiry, atleast if you are patient enough to hold the phone for around an hour, there would be someone to respond.

Checkout ruxrux's posting about a call from IIO, may be it would work for you too.

Cheers and Good Luck

Moderator Please remove this thread

Moderator please remove this thread as this info is already covered by someone else.

Hey that is stale news. For some reason I took the JIT to have moved to August 9th.

Merging this thread with the original one.

Well, CSC just qualified another 3000 new fax inquiries.

Everytime they move forward one more month, another 3000 folks became eligible to send fax inquiry, talking about stupidity and mismanagement. Those intellectually challenged CSC guys don't even learn their lesson. Or they think they can simply cheat their way out of this. Either way, CSC sucks!