Late Sept/early Oct filing timelines

Received interview letter!

Ok! This is freaky - this morning I posted that there had been no updates on my apps for 1 month and I come home to an interview letter!!!!

The interview is date is set as 3/27/2007 - I thought that was kind of unusual since it's 4 months away and I believe I read somewhere that interviews are mostly only scheduled about 45 days in advance.

The NoA is titled "Request for Applicant to Appear for Initial Interview"

Does the "Initial" appear on everyone's interview letter?

Funny thing is that the online status still does not show any updates - you were right Kevinglenn

I hope I can get my EAD and AP soon - really need that EAD!

Thank you all for sharing your experiences - it helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! Yep, my notice says "Initial interview" as well. I guess, that's just how they phrase it.

congrats imhopeful. It is good that things are progressing in your case. My ND is September 13 and there is no movement in my case since 10/10. God knows how long it is going to take in my case.

My timeline

10/14/2006 Sent package with I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
10/16/2006 Package received in Chicago
10/16/2006 RD
10/20/2006 ND I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131
11/1/2006 LUD I-130, I-765, I-131
11/2/2006 FP RD
11/16/2006 FP
11/20/2006 Interview letter received
1/3/2007 Interview date

I got my interveiw notice

I got my intervieiw letter today. Heeeheyeyy!!!!

Strange is that I am going to have my FP done only on Dec. 6

Hah, got my "card is ordered" email last night! Greencard is approved and will be mailed to me!! I posted this in the late August/September thread accidently but whatever!! I'm stoked/1

hi
congrad for the letter
By any chance any one receive an e-mail notice for interview letter? :rolleyes:

I am not currently living at my mailing address, so just wondering if I will get the interview date by e-mail event I miss the letter.

thank you

tschernobyl said:
Hah, got my "card is ordered" email last night! Greencard is approved and will be mailed to me!! I posted this in the late August/September thread accidently but whatever!! I'm stoked/1
Congratulations! I knew you would be fine! :)

cindywang16 said:
hi
congrad for the letter
By any chance any one receive an e-mail notice for interview letter? :rolleyes:

I am not currently living at my mailing address, so just wondering if I will get the interview date by e-mail event I miss the letter.

thank you
I didn't get any emails - my message still says "On October 27 we got your response to RFE blah blah blah..."

Yeah!!! I received the interview letter today! My LUDs never changed so I wouldn't trust these too much as indication that they're working on your case, for people who are still waiting for the letter. Let's keep the thread alive with interview experiences since a couple of people have them coming up in December/January. Good luck to all!

annabor said:
Yeah!!! I received the interview letter today! My LUDs never changed so I wouldn't trust these too much as indication that they're working on your case, for people who are still waiting for the letter. Let's keep the thread alive with interview experiences since a couple of people have them coming up in December/January. Good luck to all!

Congrats annabor - good luck to you...

walk-in FP done

Hi, my friends,
My FP appointment date will be on Dec. 6th in Charlotte, NC. I went there around 2 and got my FP done. NO trouble at all. It seems it will not speed up the process but the weekend is a better time for me. Walk-in FP is definitely doable. The lady made a comment that they won't let people without FP notice in but as long as you have it, it's good to go. The lady who did my FP told me they're a contractor for USCIS so what they do doesn't seem to affect the application process but she did tell me my EAD card would arrive within a week.
A quick question: I'm an F-1 student (graduate student working as teaching assistant). Do I need to use EAD when I receive it? how will EAD be useful? I applied for it just in case I need it. I would appreciate your kind help. Thanks.
I guess the next step will be the interview letter and date. hehe.

annabor said:
Congratulations!!! :)

hi, everyone
I feel I am repeating my question in several different threads, I am sorry.
Just really want to figure out what is the date on USCIS website for I-485 means.
Right now for my DO, the date is Feb 28th, is that means they are just sending the people who file 485 around Feb28th interview letter? :eek: or those people already received their cards?

also, by this Mid-December that will be my 120 days after ND, but I still haven't received my interview letter, Should I make an infopass? :rolleyes:

oh...and I read about some people will receive a e-mail after RFE said" We will give you our decision after 60 days, unless there is interview need to be conduct." is that means we should receive some sort of letter after 60 days? maybe like interview letter ???

thank you very much :) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still waiting for SSN

hi folks, i want an advise from all. I am expecting my SSN so as to start looking for job and i just received my interview letter for Jan 2007. what if i dont have a job before that time? also my name had not been added to my wife utilities as they are requesting for my social security number b4 adding my name to my wife account and other utilities but my wife had changed her name on all her bills and account to bear my name. she is not working at the moment for health reason although we have a joint sponsor who meet all the requirement by USCIS. pls folks ur advise is seriously needed.

My EAD has been updated on Dec. 6 and 7th. Maybe they figured out they forgot to take my fingerprints. Maybe they will even do that! :)

Jewel12 said:
My EAD has been updated on Dec. 6 and 7th. Maybe they figured out they forgot to take my fingerprints. Maybe they will even do that! :)

Jewel, did you try to call them about it?

polich said:
Jewel, did you try to call them about it?
Yes, I did :) They told me to wait another 60 days, which seems to be a very common answer to many questions. And I had an Infopass too. They told me to wait 120 days :eek:

My EAD was updated today again. On Saturday, that is. Weird! :confused:

Jewel12 said:
Yes, I did :) They told me to wait another 60 days, which seems to be a very common answer to many questions. And I had an Infopass too. They told me to wait 120 days :eek:

My EAD was updated today again. On Saturday, that is. Weird! :confused:

You are getting a lot of INS attention recently ;)