Late Sept/early Oct filing timelines

With my luck, I don't even want to job hunt now, because I may not get an EAD at all, and God knows when I will get that interview appointment.

I called the 800 number about my FP notice, and a nice lady there said that if I don't get it within 60 days of my ND, I can call them again, and they will resolve this for me. It's really bugging me, cause nobody else seems to have a problem with a FP appointment :(

annabor said:
Chelly! Yeaaaaaaaah! It was funny, I just came to the website and thought, I wonder if Chelly had gotten the interview letter yet, such a coincidence!

Hmm is there something in the mail waiting for me at home??? :) With my luck, it might be an RFE though :rolleyes:

Great timeline for both you and Carrot!
You should get it VERY VERY soon!!! Maybe Today. Do not talk about RFE's!! That is bad bad luck. :p It is funny because now I actually know what time the mailman gets here because I run out to check everyday. :)
Will check with you later.

Jewel12 said:
With my luck, I don't even want to job hunt now, because I may not get an EAD at all, and God knows when I will get that interview appointment.

I called the 800 number about my FP notice, and a nice lady there said that if I don't get it within 60 days of my ND, I can call them again, and they will resolve this for me. It's really bugging me, cause nobody else seems to have a problem with a FP appointment :(
Jewel12 - It is coming. Just when you start thinking something is wrong - It will show up. I was just complaining to Carrot2006 two days ago and today mine was in the mail. So saying a prayer for you. :)

Chelly said:
Jewel12 - It is coming. Just when you start thinking something is wrong - It will show up. I was just complaining to Carrot2006 two days ago and today mine was in the mail. So saying a prayer for you. :)
Thank you!! You're so nice :)

My timeline - filed 10/3/06

Heartening to see that some folks are getting quick responses on their apps. This forum makes me feel like "I am not alone" so thank you all for sharing your stories/timelines! I've been running to the mailbox everyday after getting back from work looking for that USCIS letter!... here is my timeline and details...

H1B married to USC
DO: Memphis
10/3/06: I-130/485/765/131 mailed to Chicago lockbox
10/4/06: Receipt date
10/11/06: Checks cashed
10/16/06: Received FP/Bio appt
10/23/06: FP/Bio completed
LUD: I-130(10/16/06)
I-485/765/131 (10/20/06)

Kinda concerned by the lack of activity on my app for the last 20 days :( ... I really need the EAD soon! :(
I noticed that a lot of folks receive emails re: their status - is that true for e-filed apps or also for paper-based apps? Or are you getting emails because you registered on the USCIS website?

Good luck and best wishes to all...

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that you will get it very soon. Your timeline is very close to ours. It should be today or next week. :)

annabor said:
Chelly! Yeaaaaaaaah! It was funny, I just came to the website and thought, I wonder if Chelly had gotten the interview letter yet, such a coincidence!

Hmm is there something in the mail waiting for me at home??? :) With my luck, it might be an RFE though :rolleyes:

Great timeline for both you and Carrot!

I feel this 800 number is not very helpful. I called them a couple times for some information. But they seems to be incompetent. You don't want to try infopass? Good luck with you, Jewel12!!

Jewel12 said:

I-485, I-131, I-765 aplied on 9/14/2006
Fingerprint on 10/05/2006
Interview letter on 10/26/2006
Interview on 11/29/2006
When is My Ead and AP approved?

Do: St.Paul, MN

Yes, it is for paper-based apps too. You need to register on the USCIS website though.

imhopeful said:
Kinda concerned by the lack of activity on my app for the last 20 days :( ... I really need the EAD soon! :(
I noticed that a lot of folks receive emails re: their status - is that true for e-filed apps or also for paper-based apps? Or are you getting emails because you registered on the USCIS website?

Good luck and best wishes to all...

carrot2006 said:
I feel this 800 number is not very helpful. I called them a couple times for some information. But they seems to be incompetent. You don't want to try infopass? Good luck with you, Jewel12!!
Thanks, Carrot2006! I have tried Infopass, and they were terrible - they don't seem to know a thing! The Infopass officer at San Jose DO told me that nobody gets FP notices in less than 120-200 days from the ND... Such bull! :(

I am waiting now...

hi! Everyone:
remember I was complaining about my no EAD and no interview letter ?
I got my EAD e-mail :D now just have to wait actual EAD to arrive now.
But still no interview letter :( so nervous.

So, for some of you need it, I get my EAD 85 days after RD.
60 days after my RFE :eek: and after my RFE there is no update for 60 days
so if some of you are very nervous, dont' worry I guess. No update not necessary means no progress ;)

Good luck for my interview letter to come, and good luck for everyone for whatever we each are waiting for.
If I receive anything I will tell you all :rolleyes:

My timeline

OH
10/03/06 Mailed everything to chicago lockbox
10/16/o6 NOA received
10/27/06 FP taken
11/13/06 Interview notice received
01/22/07 Interview date. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NC
10/19/06 (day 1) Sent to Chicago I-130, 485, 131, 795, 694
10/20/06 (day 2) RD
10/25/06 (day 7) ND
10/27/06 (day 9) Checks cashed
10/28/06 (day 10) ND in the mail
Still no FP :(
no change of status on line but the dates were updated on 11/07/06

Jewel12 said:
Congrats! :)
Thanks!!!! :D

I know I've read from someone before that because of my K1 status we might not have to through an interview (maybe it was you).
All our updates notes say, a decision will be made soon. So I assume I really won't get an interview date. What does soon mean? It's just so vague.

Could you include your DO information

kasonde said:
10/03/06 Mailed everything to chicago lockbox
10/16/o6 NOA received
10/27/06 FP taken
11/13/06 Interview notice received
01/22/07 Interview date. :)

tschernobyl said:
Thanks!!!! :D

I know I've read from someone before that because of my K1 status we might not have to through an interview (maybe it was you).
All our updates notes say, a decision will be made soon. So I assume I really won't get an interview date. What does soon mean? It's just so vague.
Was your case transferred to California Service Center or to a local office? If the former, you have a 90% chance of not getting an interview. K-1 is the best visa to reunite with someone you love, that's for sure! :)