Late July Fillers

I am SOOOOOOO upset!!!! I just got an RFE for my husband's AOS. They want more proof of his employment. They said I need to send ANOTHER LETTER from his boss and more copies of his check stubs. I already sent all of this so why do they want it again? I also sent a copy of his H1B and bank account summaries showing deposits from his employer. The letter says he can not apply for an EAD until 90 days after the RFE evidence is received. Is there anything I can do? Can I apply for it anyway?

ughhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is our fingerprint appointment too.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats guys...lets see how the rest of the process goes i hope they, speed things up.... it will be nice to get interview letters for november and be done with this.

I am SOOOOOOO upset!!!! I just got an RFE for my husband's AOS. They want more proof of his employment. They said I need to send ANOTHER LETTER from his boss and more copies of his check stubs. I already sent all of this so why do they want it again? I also sent a copy of his H1B and bank account summaries showing deposits from his employer. The letter says he can not apply for an EAD until 90 days after the RFE evidence is received. Is there anything I can do? Can I apply for it anyway?

ughhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow is our fingerprint appointment too.

Have you given them IRS transcript?

Have you given them IRS transcript?

Yes, I gave them our W2 forms from the last tax year, our IRS tax returns, a letter from his employer, an assortment of check stubs, bank statements showing direct deposit from his employer, and his entire H1B packet filed by his employer including the approval notices for that visa. There is no reason why they need more stuff. We are completely legitimate and we have sufficient household income. We have gone out of our way to prove this. USCIS is just a mess right now and they aren't handling their cases very well.

I have no idea what to do about the EAD. I was going to file it but before I could they sent me the RFE saying I cant because of the RFE. To say that I hate USCIS would be an understatement! I hope everyone elses cases are doing better than mine.

Yes, I gave them our W2 forms from the last tax year, our IRS tax returns, a letter from his employer, an assortment of check stubs, bank statements showing direct deposit from his employer, and his entire H1B packet filed by his employer including the approval notices for that visa. There is no reason why they need more stuff. We are completely legitimate and we have sufficient household income. We have gone out of our way to prove this. USCIS is just a mess right now and they aren't handling their cases very well.

I have no idea what to do about the EAD. I was going to file it but before I could they sent me the RFE saying I cant because of the RFE. To say that I hate USCIS would be an understatement! I hope everyone elses cases are doing better than mine.

It does seem strange for RFE. Maybe it's a mistake form USCIS. Or I think they might have lost that file with I-864:confused:

I looked at the Evidence Request again before I sent it today and it says Request for INITIAL evidence. That means they lost the stuff I sent. DAMN THEM ALL! grr!!! I shouldn't be punished for their mistakes.

Anyway, what's new with you guys? How were your FP appointments and so on?

ACCO fasteners should always be used when submitting applications/petitions to the USCIS. It minimizes the chance of your supporting documents getting lost.

The fingerprints thing took only about 5 min. for me as they took only ONE index finger, apicture and a signature. I wonder is that because I had previous fingerprinting not so long ago( in january with 10 fingers) or it's just a mistake from their part:eek:I sure hope not!
Anyway, i was concerned and called USCIS, the lady on the phone wasn't really helpful.She said, she BELIEVED they only take one finger:confused:

What do you think, guys?

P.S. It does say on my notice code 2:confused:

We also rec'd an RFIE for tax return documents. We had originally submitted a copy of our tax return + W2s & 1099s that were sent to the IRS with that return. Everything was clipped together with ACCO bases so I know they didn't lose it. When we got the RFE our lawyer said to order Tax Return Transcripts from the IRS because there must be some discrepancy between the tax return we submitted and the info provided by IRS (he said that yes they do check all of that stuff with the IRS). So we ordered the transcripts and submitted those in our response. Sure enough, when we rec'd the transcript it showed that the IRS still had my previous name listed instead of my married name. So far the response has been rec'd and case is resumed. Now waiting for the next step.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the Evidence Request again before I sent it today and it says Request for INITIAL evidence. That means they lost the stuff I sent. DAMN THEM ALL! grr!!! I shouldn't be punished for their mistakes.

Anyway, what's new with you guys? How were your FP appointments and so on?

I think they misplace a lot of stuff.

My RFE was for request on the marriage certificate in I-485?

Funny because, that is the BASIS and FOUNDATION of my AOS. My wife's I-130 says pending and received. But we had put copies in both of those forms supporting documents.

If I-485 was missing marriage certificate, I would have thought that my case would have been blocked/returned/denied from the start, but I did everything including FP.

I would guess they misplaced it.
Just sent another original. No big deal case will be resumed and we will move on.

Advance parole

My AP is approved on 9/29, yaa hooo, checked it on line today, have'nt received it yet:)

ACCO fasteners should always be used when submitting applications/petitions to the USCIS. It minimizes the chance of your supporting documents getting lost.

I do use Acco fasteners. That has nothing to do with my case, I did everything I was supposted to do.

Good for you. Did they tell you why they lost your initial evidence?

Ofcourse they wouldnt admit they lost it, why would they? They just demanded to have it sent again. I'm sure they are just overwhelmed with their case load after the fee increase.