Late for PCC expedite

bipinb

My GC interview date is on March 20th in Mumbai. I still need to get my PCC done. Going to apply for the PCC in Washington DC Indian Consulate on Monday March 4th. My flight to Bombay is on March 12th.

My passport is a duplicate one, issued 2 years ago in Washington DC. I read from other threads it takes 30 days for PCC to go through. Since my passport was issued in DC, how long do you think it will take? Any alternate suggestions to expediting the PCC process?

My 2 Cents

If your passport is issued in US they will issue in 2, 3 days.
My advise is to call them and explain your situation. Ask for Indira Johnson.

Good luck!!!

Try this out

1. Explain your situationto DC
2. Try to get the file no. from them ( possibly the same day)
3. Give the file number to friends/relatives in Mumbai and tell them to expedite the process at RPO to send (fax) the PCC to DC ASAP.
4. If you an get step 3 done in 2-3 days. You can get PCC in a week ( provided you do a good job of Step 1).
 Good luck !!

Got the pcc same day

Went in at 10 am. Handed the PCC application, a passport copy, an interview letter copy and a flight itinerary copy. The counter administrative assistant (she was a teenager) said it would take 30 days. I uttered "Doh! Emergency case". Before I could explain any further, the girl went to the other room, escallated it to her boss and returned back saying since this passport has been issued in Washington, DC, I\'d get it same day evening. Submitted my passport.

Come evening, I receive my passport containing a PCC stamp and a PCC letter reading "To whom it may concern", blah blah, both signed by S. K. Sharma, the Attache (Consular).

Thanks, trygc n\' RRC for your tips.