Last Week @ NSC From Rupnet

paulclarke1

Registered Users (C)
Another big week for NSC, with a total of 26 Approvals and 26 RFEs. Distributions are as follows.

Approvals
July 6, Aug 7, Sept 11, Oct 2
RFE's
July 3, Aug 7, Sept 8, Oct 7, Nov 0, Dec 1

I am definitely suprised by the ongoing RFE's for August and the resiliance of September, I am sure they will eventually get to the bottom of those piles.

The big news is that we have a December RD RFE. User DPIL reported an birth certificate RFE for his December dated 1/27. The fact that they seem to be working this case month is great news. However they are now spread over a huge date range for processing. At some point in time they may decide to stop moving forward and clear house of old cases. This however, is only my speculation, I have no 'inside' knowledge nor have I heard any rumor of this.

This is the statistical data that really matters.
From our rupnet sample we can see the following numbers:

August 76% of cases approved or RFE issued
September 73% of cases approved or RFE issued
October 34 % of cases approved or RFE issued

Through our observations over the last 2 years we seem to have a general agreement that the processing is practically over for a month when it reaches aroung 75% in rupnet.

Consequently, we can conclude that August and September are practically over (meaning either RFE or approvals have been issued).

We should expect OCTOBER approvals with no RFEs from now on (since many October cases have already received an RFE during the freeze).

Let's hope they DO MOVE into October 'cause we are pretty sick of seeing prior months stuff...

To Suresh_Colo : Mine is Nov26 RD, when can I expect a decision on my case??

Suresh_colo:

Thanks for sharing the detailed analyis with us. My case' RD is Nov26, 2001. (FP 04/04/01, EAD/AP did twice). Do you think my case would be 'opened' before April?

Thanks in advance.

YLM_GUY,

It's very difficult to forecast any processing time with Nebraska Service Center.
They are very inconsistent, and tend to have multiple months opened at the same time.
For example, according to the receipt notice I received from them my case should be approved between 330-360 days from the notice. That would have been OCTOBER of 2002 and we are already in FEBRUARY of 2003.

Being optmistic, with an RD od 11/26/2001 you might get your approval/RFE sometime in late March, or April, maybe May...

But again, this is all based on observations... We really don't know it for sure. And we can never predict a freeze like the one we had...

Hang in there, you are close!