Last name change

marko812003

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I have an interview this week. On the N-400 form she indicated that she wants to change her last name to my last name. We have been married for 6 years, and we got our green cards through Diversity Visa Lottery. I've read on few threads that since she is only to take my last name, it won't require judicial oath? Can anybody confirm this, or have any experiences.

Thanks

My wife and I have an interview this week. On the N-400 form she indicated that she wants to change her last name to my last name. We have been married for 6 years, and we got our green cards through Diversity Visa Lottery. I've read on few threads that since she is only to take my last name, it won't require judicial oath? Can anybody confirm this, or have any experiences.

Thanks

From my experience, I did judicial oath. It took longer since they had to schedule the judge to go to the DHS office.

That's correct, she doesn't require a judicial oath. But she should bring the marriage certificate to the interview and explain that her name change is only to take your last name, in case the interviewer doesn't notice that fact.

Thanks

Did your wife get judicial oath or administrative oath?

thanks!