• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Landlord - Order of Protection - DV Lottery GC

It looks I was able to make things calm down with landlord, so she is now ok to wait for 2 months. But I will have to move. I'm looking for apartment within same condo building, and potentially I will have keys from my current mailbox as per conversation with landlord.

But I don't know my next address yet.
Interview in consulate should happen sometime in November - February. I have already submitted DS-260 with my current address a few months ago.
1) Will I be able to update address at the interview?
2) How Green Cards are received - via regular mail, or certified mail, or how?
3) Can I redirect all mail to my new address, how reliable this function works with USPS? Is it suitable for GC receiving?
4) Potentially I can request DS-260 update and put address to my friend's address in US, but I'm unsure if he will also be there in a half a year as well.

Any other advice how to better handle that?

If you want to do CP in Russia, you normally provide a current address in Russia. In the DS260 you put the US address where you want to receive the GC. That is sent by mail (cannot be PO Box or forwarded) about 3 to 4 months after your activation/entry to the USA. You can update the USA address for the GC at the POE upon activation That is your final chance to change that address.

Hi..
On the basis of a lease agreement if you have signed document at the time of agreement, then you must follow all those things written on that document not only you, landlord also has to follow,She can't force you to leave the house when you are paying on time and when you have not done anything wrong to her.You can stay there until your contract expires.Generally, the reasonable time period as per law is a one month period or the time stated in the terms of the agreement.