Landing through Detroit/Windsor

saduja

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Our PR application has just been approved and we are planning to land in Canada sometime next month. I have gone through several threads on this forum, but still have several questions unanswered and I hope I will receive some help here.

Customs-related:
-----------------
1) When creating the "goods to follow", do you have to include all household items?

2) What if I buy/sell stuff between the time I first land and when I eventually move to Canada (which might not be for a couple of years)?

3) Do I need to carry pictures of my jewelry? Are any other pictures needed?

4) What is the tax/duty on items that I don't declare while landing?

Immigrations-related:
--------------------
5) We will be entering back into the US based on our AP, which we got as a result of filing for 485 last summer. Are there any tips/suggestions/words of caution for this situation?

6) Do we have to do something special when we exit US to enter Canada ( we will be driving in a rental car), e.g. surrender our old I-94s or any other procedure?

Miscellaneous:
--------------
7) I have read everywhere that make sure you land in Canada before having a baby, if you're expecting. But what happens later on when you are actually moving to Canada? What status does the child enter into Canada (if born a US citizen)?

8) Any other tips or experiences with landing in Windsor?

Thanks in advance for your help.