Landing Questions

Tanvis

Registered Users (C)
1. About the funds, do I need to deposit them in the bank there or just show the US Bank Statement and after coming back, its okay to use those funds??

2. On my return, do I need to get the Travel Document before leaving Canada? If so, where and how do I apply for it?

3. If I land in Toronto, can I apply for medical cards and the rest in Vancouver later? Right now I can drive to Toronto instead of flying to Vancouver, but later I intend to settle in Vancouver.

Thanks very much for all your help.

-Tanvi

Hi tanvis,

I recently landed in Toronto through air. The landing process went very smoothly. I was just asked the question about how much funds i was getting . I had cashiers's cheque as well as bank statement. When i offerred to shown either of them to the immigration office she never was intrested to look into anything so i assume that bank statements would suffise.

But better get pro help from other people also as i am also individual just like you.

Thanks,

Funds1

Please take Cash or Cashiers check only. The officer asked me to show him. the funds.

A statement in NO way proves that you are bringing the money to Canada, and the money is currently available. If you want to take a chance... thats your wish.

Good Luck.

Jalma:

Have not sent in the passport yet. Will do so next week after I go to the Consulate for my parents visitors visa to Canada. Ofcourse on the forms I do have to mention about my PR Processing but I thought generally would be a better idea to get the visitors for parents and then get my visa issued.

Will definitely post the timeline.

Best,
Tanvi