Landing question - Proof of Funds

enigma07

Registered Users (C)
I will be landing this weekend in Toronto via Rainbrow bridge. I'm planning to take a bank statement worth $15K Canadian Dollar...or do I still need to carry cashiers check/money order. I'm assuming just the bank statement will be enough. Please correct me if i'm wrong here.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take cashiers check or money order as they check em at the port of entry.My brother entered back in May 2007 through rainbow bridge and officer checked all the documents specially the funds--hope this helps.

So, taking the money order/cashiers check is a must and bank statement wont work..Could someone who had landed earlier please clarify this.

Last edited by a moderator:
not required....

Bank statement from any US bank will work.. i completed my landing process last month.. they didnt ask any proof even... i had 2000$ casher check and my bank statement.

Hope this help.

proof of funds

as mentioned you need to carry proof of funds and you need not carry the funds. but make sure you have some money on you in form of cash or travelers checks so that you can explain the immigration officer that you have enough money at hand to settle and then later you are going to transfer the money from your us bank to canadian bank.

ray