Landing on 23rd

Rays of Hope

Registered Users (C)
Hi Every One

I am thankful to everyone for providing me guidance during the immigration process.

I shall be landing in Toronto on the 23rd of October, I shall post my landing experience later on.

I will be carrying about US$ 7000, the rest I will wire transfer to my bank account in Canada. I was asked to show a bank statement of C$15000, while I am carrying only about C$10,000.

Will the required funds be an issue???

as long as you can show proof that you have the rest of the funds available and you can always get it to canada in future, when required, you should be fine. my best wishes to your landing process. happy landing....

Thanks for the advise Cnatar02

I hope a current statement of my bank account will be sufficient to cover the deficit.

I am abit nervous carrying to much cash. I have some bitter experience while carrying cash, thus I am cautious of not putting all eggs in one basket.

Wire transfer is fast and safe, I hope the immigration officer will not complain too much.

you are not carrying currency, are you? i hope you meant bank draft / travellers checks, etc. you should be ok.

How long is the visa for landing valid?

I've got conflicting answers. Some say within 1 year of medical date, others say 6 month after the passport stamp date. Which is correct???

mjiang_02

If you send your passport you will get the immigrant visa [for landing] with expiration date. That date is caculated 1 year from your medical date.