Landing in Toronto (Rainbow bridge)

brdprince

Registered Users (C)
I just got my PR for Canada and needs to land before June 12 2006.
Friends and Guru's please comment or advice on my plan for landing.

Driving to Niagara falls and cross over to Canada in my own car. Take NO goods with me but will make goods to follow list.NOT planning to take cashier's checks but just bank statement (showing more then sufficient funds) and 1000 USD cash. Finish the procedure give my sister's address for the PR Card. After the procedure is done will drive back to US immediately (after 2-3 hrs). NOT going to stay to apply for SIN card or open a bank account.

Pls advice what problems i can face if i do this. ALso if someone could post the questions they ask on Canada and US side (while coming back) ..

Thanks for all your help...

Driving to Canada

Hello brdprince,

I was looking for your feedback on driving to canada. I am planning to drive as well next week from Buffalo and would appreciate if you could share your experience if you have received your PR succesfully.

Thanks!!

Drove throgh Rainbow bridge and came back the same day in Nov. 2004. No problem at all. I don't have visa stamps on my passport except a H1B approval notice I showed them. No question asked.

yimincanada88 said:
Drove throgh Rainbow bridge and came back the same day in Nov. 2004. No problem at all. I don't have visa stamps on my passport except a H1B approval notice I showed them. No question asked.

I had good experience landing from the rainbow bridge also. I landed in April 2006. Came back the next day on AVR (I too had my Approval notice and expired H1 visa stamp on my PP).
Stayed over at the Embassy Suite overlooking the Falls. Expensive but had a very good time.