Landing in Toronto by air

Thanks to all for the input. I have decided to land in August, and i will flying into Toronto. I have couple of questions :

1. I will be staying in a hotel but will give the address of a friend who lives in an Aptt in Toronto. Is that enough ?

2. What is amount of currency in US or CAN $ i need to show at the POE ?

3. I believe i have to apply for SIN, is there anything else that i need to apply for ? I dont intend to apply for a health card for now. How long does it take to apply for a SIN, is one day enough ?

4. I have heard all kinds of stories of people called back for the pictures to be re-taken for PR card. In case i need to go back, how will i be able to enter Canada without a PR card ?

maple card pick up

Anyone know what kind of document required to present when pick up the maple card? (in windsor) Is that easy or lots of questions? -- I do not have a valid canadian drive license and travel to canada by bus (one can not drive US plate vehicle even rental car). Thanks

Share - My friend's experience to apply the health card -- he was questioned about the canadian drive license.

maple card pick up

I am afraid that they will ask the Driver License when one pick up the maple card in front of the counter. -- what can I do then? I was told that different counter (color) was for different purpose.