Landed and return USA with one issue

msukid

Registered Users (C)
Owing to this forum I would like to share my landing experience.

I landed through Detroit-Windosr tunnel. While entering Canada we arrived at Canada check point. The guard asked me
few questions like,

Why are you here?
Do you have goods to follow list?
Are your goods coming after you?

He gave me one paper slip and asked me to go to Immigration section. No one is there for landing at that time.
So we were the first one. Officer asked my passport,COPR(He was very rude). After 15 minutes he came and asked for
my I-94. So I said please don't keep this,I am going back USA within few days. He thought about a while and said ok.
After another 15 minuts he came with all the papers. Asked us to sign COPR. He stamped the passport with
confirmation of PR.

I asked him don't you need my address in Canada? He said no " You have your status in USA upto 2007 and you are
not going to come to Canada before that. So I don't let you apply for PR card." He was very rude when he said that.
He gave me one paper and asked me to confirm my address in Canada by fax or applying online.

Please anyone has such experience let me know what to do regarding PR card now.

I spend one hour in Windsor. And came back to USA tunnel. At USA checkpoint the guard was new. My visa was expired
in 2003 with valid H1 and I-94 upto 2007. He was not sure what to do, so he asked me to go to immigration office.
I went to immigration office and officer checked my passport,I-94,I-797 and said you are good to go. So automatic visa
revalidation is working fine if you return before 30 days from Canada.

So overall all experience was nice.

Good luck to those who want to use automatic visa revalidation

Thanks
MSUKID

One more thing, can I enter Canada based on my confirmation of PR without PR card?

Please let me know.

thanks
msukid

Question

This was the second time I read the same scenario (refused to apply for PR card using friend's address). If they don't let you apply for PR card, how can you come to Canada again from USA without PR? Can you stay outside the Canada without PR for more than 1 year?

Just wondering, they have started doing the same thing with everyone.

I had the same experince as yours. I had landed in Canada through the Windosr tunnel and officer did not take my friends address. He handed me an form and asked me to fax or go online and provide the address once I have an permanent address.

I came back to US within an hour and faxed them the form with my friends address and got the PR card.

-Pearl

need form IMM 5456

I got the same issue. I tried the online submission. But my landing document no. cannot be located. Any one got the same experience?

The only way I can do now is to fax the form. The worst thing is that I lost the that form. I have contacted the Canada consulate in USA, none of them can provide me that form.

So the urgent help needed. Can anyone fax me or send me a scanned form? PM me please. Really appreciated!!!