• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Laminated Documement

mic27

Registered Users (C)
One of my original document (Admit card of Secondary Examination) is laminated. All other documents are OK. I laminated this 13 years ago. Now I think it is a bit risky to remove lamination. Will it affect if I submit it without removing lamination. thanks in advance.

Interesting question, I was wondering that myself. My Birth Certificate was laminated almost 17 years ago because it was falling apart. Now I am afraid of taking the lamination off without damaging it. I plan to keep it that way unless they ask me remove the lamination.

One of my original document (Admit card of Secondary Examination) is laminated. All other documents are OK. I laminated this 13 years ago. Now I think it is a bit risky to remove lamination. Will it affect if I submit it without removing lamination. thanks in advance.

This is not a problem, go to the embassy with the laminated card. This is what you did 13 years ago and they understand that we laminate our document for preservation.

Interesting question, I was wondering that myself. My Birth Certificate was laminated almost 17 years ago because it was falling apart. Now I am afraid of taking the lamination off without damaging it. I plan to keep it that way unless they ask me remove the lamination.

hi,
no problem . some of mine were also laminated.

hallo

i gree with Samko und Favour1

This is not a problem, go to the embassy with the laminated card

good lucke

Having a laminated document is better than having a tattered document or no document at all. In times of accidents such as floods - no problem. Many of my wife's documents/certificates were laminated and these posed no qq or problems. I will not necessarily advise anyone against future lamination of documents.

Official documents often contain certain security features that are difficult/impossible to verify when the document is laminated. (When was the last time you saw a laminated banknote in circulation?)

A better way to preserve important official documents in light of fires and floods is through fireproof and waterproof containers/safes rather than lamination and often enough, unnecessary handling of those documents can be further reduced by using photocopies and alternative documents where applicable.