Laid Off

Avalon

Registered Users (C)
I was laid off two months ago. 485 was pending for 2 years. I am finding very difficult to find job in this economy. It may take another three months before I get a job. I am trying all I can to find a job.

1. Will BCIS come to know that I am not working? I am not taking Unemplyment Insurance.

2. Will they adjust my 485 without knowing current job status?

3. If they send me RFE and I get a job at around the same time, will they deny my 485 based on the fact that I did not work for past few months? Or in otherwords, will the gap in employment will raise any issue?

What are my options?

Gurus, please help as I am in a deep crisis.

Break in continuation in employment is no problem

If they send RFE, at that time you MUST have a job offer.
Job offer .... get from desi.. pay back if they want .. you may have to pay taxes on that amount..:D:D

cool hann

Best of luck

1. No, but if you worked on H1B, perhaps your company will report to BCIS
2. May be, but it seems now BCIS send RFE to everyone.
3. EBGC is about future employment

Avalon,

Tough luck! Funny that after waiting 2 years for a GC you now have to hope your case doesn't get picked up atleast until you get a new job.

A gap in employment is not the problem but it is absolutely imperitive that you have a job offer and atleast one pay stub in case of RFE.

To answer your questions:
1. No
2. Maybe
3. No, but it depends upon the mood of the case officer.

Your options, are:
1. Get a job
2. Do what ShantanuB recommended

Thanks.

My 6 years of H1 are exhausted and I am currently on EAD.

1. If I get RFE, how much time do I have to respond?

2. Will the RFE be for past pay stubs or current pay stubs?

3. In this economy there are very few chances to get a job with the same salary. Can I accept an offer which is 20K lower?, If I lower my expectations, then I am likely to get job faster.

4. Is it safe to get Unemployment Insurance in the meantime?

Gurus, please help.

I went though the same thing, they sent me RFE 0n Sept 4, 2002, I started the new job 0n Sept 9, 2002, I waited for a few weeks and send them only 2 pay stubs and affidavit that I got laid off from my pervious employer ( since they request for 4 pay stubs, my lawyer prepare the docs and suggested to send the affidavit).

still waiting for the approval after respond to RFE on Oct, 2002.

1) you have around 80 days to respond,
2) will be recent pay stub
3) get any job offer better than nothing.
4) I applied for UI that may trigger the RFE, do not apply since Unemployment Insurance office will notify INS

Good luck