Laid Off

Avalon

Registered Users (C)
I was laid off two months ago. 485 was pending for 2 years. I am finding very difficult to find job in this economy. It may take another three months before I get a job. I am trying all I can to find a job.

1. Will BCIS come to know that I am not working? I am not taking Unemplyment Insurance.

2. Will they adjust my 485 without knowing current job status?

3. If they send me RFE and I get a job at around the same time, will they deny my 485 based on the fact that I did not work for past few months? Or in otherwords, will the gap in employment will raise any issue?

What are my options?

Gurus, please help as I am in a deep crisis.

Don't worry. Focus your energy in finding the job. There is no guarentee that BCIS will touch your case in 1/2/3 months.
If you get RFE you get some time to respond.
Find a job even if pay is slightly lower (+ or _ 5k).
Good luck with job search!

Thanks vzexemp

1. If I get RFE, how much time do I have to respond?

2. Will the RFE be for past pay stubs or current pay stubs?

3. In this economy there are very few chances to get a job with the same salary. Can I accept an offer which is 20K lower?, If I lower my expectations, then I am likely to get job faster.

Please suggest.

Avalon, get yourself a good lawyer.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I was out of status in 1997 and a good lawyer can make the difference between night and day when things get hot. TRUST ME . Someone like Rajiv khanna or Sheela Murthy or Shusterman can help. You can look them up with a google search.

I think you will get 45 days to respond to the RFE.

They can ask for past pay stubs in an RFE (they can ask anything!!!), but it shouldn't matter based on the AC21 rule if you have a job at that time.

You can accept any job which almost have a same/similar job description as in your labor certification. Although BCIS do not say anything about salary requirement, it may be better if you could find a job with salary not much less than in your labor certification.

Good Luck.

RD:06/01/01
FP: 05/27/03

Waiting......

45 days or 90 days.
I had asked the question to Jadi who rec'd RFE recently ( for medical), I think he said 90 days.

TXRUS

TXRUS

I am sorry to bother you but can I ask you some questions,

1. How did you prove that your family had continuity in status?

2. Why did they doubt that there could have been a discontinuity?

3. Did your family stayed for a long time outside US?

Please help us to undestand the RFE about family as this is something new.

Good Lawyer makes

a big diffeence.....
but a bad lawyer can ruin you.......checkk with more people in the board (VSC)

Avalon --

1. How did you prove that your family had continuity in status?

I was having 2 H1b's with gaps that was covered by I-94. BCIS probably only looked at H1b's and asked me that whether we were out of status during that time. Which I think is possible if we would have travelled during that time.

2. Why did they doubt that there could have been a discontinuity?

See above.

3. Did your family stayed for a long time outside US?

No.

Please help us to undestand the RFE about family as this is something new.

Jaic

Jaic,
are you refering to such specific cases in VSC ?
where bad lawyers have screwed up cases ?

Can you please then point us to the threads in VSC?